cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling sender comm channel to start after every hour through ATP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have three sender communication channels and I need all these three communication channels to pick files at a gap of 5 mins.

comm channel1: 10 am.

comm channel2: 10:05 a.m.

comm channel3: 10:10 a.m

This cycle should repeat after every hour.

Can this be achieved thruough ATP?

Please suggest!

Thanks,

Indu Khurana.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indu

Yes this can be achieved using communication channel availability. Schedule the channel as below

First channel will start at 10 am and will be available for 1 mins.Choose the interval as 1 hour. So next it will start at 11 am and stop at 11:01 am.

Similarly start time for second CC is 10:05 am and third cc at 10:10 am.

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Indrajit

In 7.1 I don't see possibility to choose interval as 1 hour. I have only daily, weekly, monthly and once options. Is it possible in 7.3?

Thanks, Mikhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

Thanks for the quick reply, but where is this option of interval in ATP?

If you mean polling interval in comm channel itself, then I have tried that but it does not seem to work.

Thanks,

Indu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In that case the poll interval needs to set as 1 hour in the communication channel. For example let me explain the channel 1 .

We will set the poll interval as 60 minutes in the communication channel. Then we will create the scheduling as dailiy

start time : 10 AM 21-Jan-2014

end time :   9:05 AM 22-Jan-2014

End By :  say this will run for 1 year , so end by date 21-Jan-2015

Now every day the channel will start at 10 AM, pick up the files, then at 11 am again it will poll and pick up the files , then at 9 am it will pick the files again and then it will stop at 9:05 am.

Since we have choosen the option daliy, on 22-Jan_2014 at 10 am again the channel will start.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, now it's clear. Thank you, Indrajit.

Indu, this should clarify you too.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

If you check this Deepak Shah's blog you can notice that you have the parameters At(Time) and you can filter for communication channel.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrjit,

I have already configured the channels, the way u have explained but it's not working as desired.

Indu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indu

Please make sure you have activated the scheduling by selecting the active check box.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,It's active.
Infact through ATP, files are not even getting picked.!!?

Indu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

I found one issue.My role was restricting the files from getting picked up.
Now the files have been picked through ATP.(thru super user role).

The files got picked up at 12:20 UTC .Good till here.

Now, I need this cycle to repeat and have set the polling interval to 120 secs for testing

but files are not getting picked again.

Can ATP and poll interval in CC work hand in hand?

Please suggest!

Thanks,

Indu.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indu - ATP takes over polling intervel.

So inorder to poll for every 120sec your channel to be started as per the ATP.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

I second your point of view but there is a thread where Rebecca confirmed that ATP and poll interval work in conjunction. Indu is checking with Rebecca.

Thanks

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indu

In order to ATP work, you need to put the channel in 'Automatic Control'. Go to runtime workbench--communication channel monitoring

select the channel and click on 'Automatic Control '

Try this and configure the scheduling as I mentioned above,the channel should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

Thanks for the effort!

The channel is in automatic control and also the external control is off;but polling and ATP do not work along.ATP over rides communication channel polling.

Hence I have created multiple ATPs for all three channels to pick files at an hour interval.

Thanks,

Indu K.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agreed!

The only possible approach. May be you can close the thread if you don't have any further queries..

Answers (0)