cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activity Stream Fails to Load More Content in Internet Explorer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have noticed a browser specific issue of activity stream.

Initially I thought it is happening because of corporate proxy server, but now i am sure it is browser specific as issue can be seen in IE, and not in Firefox.

Versions

Operating system: Windows 7 32-bit

Issue found in browser version: Internet Explorer v9.0.8112.16421

Same behavior in IE with/without login and with/without browser extensions.

Issue not found in browser version: Firefox v26.0

Description

When activity stream is opened (scn.sap.com/activity with or without login), some content is displayed.

After scrolling down, more content gets loaded dynamically.

After some dynamic loads, a button appears that says "load more content".

The issue here is that I can only see the content that gets loaded in stream for the first time, and after scrolling, more dynamic content does not load at all.

Since SCN does not offer lite mode, or an option of choose multi-page activity stream instead of infinite scrolling, I am stuck as far as IE usage is concerned.

Below is the POST request that takes forever to complete.

http://scn.sap.com/__services/v2/rest/activity-stream/3/-1/all/all/list/before

Timing screenshot of POST request in IE.

Requesting relevant team to take a note of this information.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Manish - I'm also using IE 9 and the activity stream content is loading correctly as I scroll down.  Are you on a corporate network? Are other colleagues experiencing the same?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am on corporate network, and the issue can be seen only in IE, not in Firefox.

Both browsers are using same corporate proxy for internet access.

Yes, other colleagues are facing same issue.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I can't report it unless I can recreated the bug.

Is this something that suddenly stopped working? Can you pinpoint when or what time range? (e.g. worked yesterday, worked before last Sunday's downtime,...).

I would be very curious to know if you get the same results on the same machine/browser when connected to an external network.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am under current corporate network since 3 weeks, and from the very beginning IE was not able to load dynamic content. However it is able to load other things like expanding a reply, preview of post etc from activity feed.

There are 2 more findings.

1. Chrome, like Firefox, is able to load dynamic content too.
  2. Same issue is seen when connected to another corporate proxy. Say home company network and client VPN network are behaving similarly.

Independent internet connection to the machine is not an option.

I am a dedicated fan of Firefox, and this IE specific issue does not concern me.

Moreover, colleagues don't seem to use SCN, and I doubt anybody else is going to report similar issue.

So instead of a bug, consider this an FYI.

Thanks.