Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Help field disabled after update to 7.4

vritzau
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

one field of my own WDA Customer Value Help is disabled, since upodate to Netweaver 7.4 is done.

Anyone a solution or idea for this?

Nothing special just some customer fields and the SAnz is not set, which should control this.

SAP says it's a consulting issue? 😞

Best regards

Volker

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vritzau
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I tried a simple wda and the field was enabled, so i had a look at the other application and there is a predefined value for the field.

In modifyview is a predefined value set (depending on the vkorg/salesorg).

We need this predefined value to differentiate between customers.

ELSEIF ls_userdata-vkorg = '2000'.

lo_el_zsaws_vbak->set_attribute(

name `CUSTOMER_KTOKD`

value = 'Z200' ).

I tried explicitly to set read_only = abap_false and/or enabled = abap_true but this makes no difference.

lo_el_zsaws_vbak->set_attribute_property(

exporting

attribute_name = 'CUSTOMER_KTOKD'

property       = 3 "READ_ONLY

value          = abap_false

).

lo_el_zsaws_vbak->set_attribute_property(

exporting

attribute_name = 'CUSTOMER_KTOKD'

property       = 4 "Enabled

value          = abap_true

).

In the structure definition the valuehelp parameter is set to the defined attribute CUSTOMER_KTOKD.

The context attribute CUSTOMER and CUSTOMER_KTOKD are both enabled and NOT read only.

Any more ideas?

Best regards

Volker

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Okay, now we come to a conclusion that the issue is not from the WDA framework

It seems that the READ_ONLY property of your view ui element is controllerd through code.

Please check if your view ui element's properties binding to the context attribute.

If READ_ONLY property is bound to an attribute, please set the value of that attribute as per your requriement.

There is also posibility that, the readonly property of ui element is controller by using VIEW reference. If so, its time to check your coding.

Regards,

Rama

vritzau
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

i disagree with your conclusion, look at this:

I built a very easy Testapp for the valuehelp described above

first scenario:

customer an customer ktokd is visible without values in the view, the valuehelp shows both fields

second senario

customer ktokd is visible with preset value in the view, the valuehelp shows the field editable,

pretty good, but i don't want to have the field ktokd in the view so-->

third scenario

customer_ktokd is not visible in the view / but NOT read_only, the value help shows the ktokd field as disabled/read_only

So the conclusion is: you have to have the field visble in your view to have it NOT read_only when you set a value to it. That seems not the right way to handle it.

My requirement is:

I need the preset value and don't want to show the field in the view and this is not possible/not working,

...more ideas?

Best regards

Volker

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can see that it's a Z search help. Why can't you edit that and set the 'Sdisp' ? Or did i not understand your issue?

Regards,

Kiran

vritzau
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

it says:

Display field in dialog box of an elementary search help

If this flag is set, the search help parameter appears in the selection popup window for restricting values as a pure display field.

The contents of the parameter inform the user about the restriction, but he cannot change it. This is advisable for example when the parameter is an import parameter or if it has a default value.

So with my understanding it should not be set! ... as it is.

Do I misunderstand it?

Best regards.

Volker

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So, your query was, even though the 'Sdisp' is not checked, the search help is in disable mode!

Is this happening only to that specific application? Or if you use this search help in other test application also the same result?

Regards,

Kiran

vritzau
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran, yes that is the query, thx for clarifying.

EDIT: Sorry ... must correct, in ABAP Report it only appears when the SDisp/SAnz is set.

So the issue is only in my WDA.

Best regards

Volker

vritzau
Participant
0 Kudos

ABAP without SANz / SDisp

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

I can see in your very first snap shot of WDA application, the field is still in EDIT mode But you are saying, its diabled.

Any way, could you please create a simple WD application and attach your search help to an context attribute and test it.

Regards,

Rama

vritzau
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

the first Screenshot shows the old value help 7.01 where everything was fine and the new 7.4 value help with the disabled field.

Regards Volker

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Thanks for the snap shot, gives little more clarity.

I suspect, that your custom search is not called there, instead it is using standard search help.

Please check again and change the search help with your custom search help.

Go to context attribute of in WDA application and attach your search help.

Just to verify: please create a simple WD application and test it

Regards,

Rama