cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a back button functionality available for view switch?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am creating a administrators front end for a complex returns and repair process... To achieve this I am embedding alot of composite views in my main screen. However when I transition (using view switch) to another screen and then use a navigate connector back to the main screen it of course wipes out the selection criteria the user may have entered.

What would the correct process be to ensure the data is saved (or doesn't exit the screen). I don't want to use a wizard as there are so many options that the administrator may pick depending on the situation.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

I hope I get the needs correctly.

• You want only one screen (including the main screen) presented at a time
  • The user input should remain (unless you model its deletion)

In that case, I would model each screen in a separate view, including the main screen. We change views using the components interface instead of a Navigate element.

Main:

View 1:

View 2:

I hope it's a good direction for you... I'll try to write a full document for this.

Thanks,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ehud

First off thank you for your quick response, you have helped me the last few times I have had a VC question and I really appreciate the help.

I have just tried what you have suggested and I seem to be getting a blank screen when I try go back to the main screen. I am transitioning between views to the second screen and this works correct and all data passes.

My problem is getting back to the main screen with input remaining. How do I trigger the event to go back to the main screen? I created a button inside the second screen with a custom action HOME which I connected to the 'end' connector... is this right?

When I tried this the second screen closes but I get a blank screen (as if the main view didn't open)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought I might be able to use transition event but it appears to only show views inside the embedded component (not the embedding component which I need to transition back to)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops my bad!!! I am supposed to use signal out.. I did read about this in the documentation but this is my first time really playing around with embedded components.. something I forgot.

Using signal out connector I have it working now... thank you for your help!

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos