cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP RBA not checking Allocation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey gurus.

We have implemented GATP RBA with product substitution here.

Allocation is working fine and product substitution is working too, but with a problem.

When substitution occurs, allocation is only checked on entered material. For example:

Mat A (entered) - allocation 0 - inventory 100

Mat B (substitute) - allocation 500 - inventory 100

Sales order with 100 units for material A will confirm:

Mat A - 0 units

Mat B - 0 units

Mat A (entered) - allocation 100 - inventory 100

Mat B (substitute) - allocation 500 - inventory 500

Sales order with 200 units for material A will confirm:

Mat A - 100 units

Mat B - 100 units

We need to substitute material B check for his own allocation quota.

Can you guys help me please?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much guys.

I dont know what happened, but i deleted and re-create all characterists combinations in mc62 and parea_k and now it's working.

Thank you.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MT,

I believe enough insight is been provided by other experts, but good news is allocation with RBA works in standard, all you need to do is to take rule_matnr instead of MATNR and rule_werks instead of WERKS (if you are using plant as one of the characteristics) as a characteristics in your product allocation object.

Rest other settings need to be same, try it and let me know if this works for you.

Rgds

Sourabh

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello MT APO,

Looking at the example that you had provided, I could guess that you have the following settings in check instructions

1) Product Allocation check - 1st Check

2) Product Availability Check - 2nd Check

For me, the example that you have provided is clear and system is working fine as expected as per the above settings. Please remember that Rule Based Availability is more of a "ATP" functionality but not "Allocation" relevant. Net, you can consider RBA as one of the sub processes of Product Availability though it plays a major role.

The allocation figures that you maintain in the system are actually not the accurate stock figures. They are virtual figures that users put in place to cap your availability check. In the above example quoted by you, the first check is actually acting as a filter to pass on the filtered quantities to next step. So, if your allocation says 0, then the total confirmation would be 0. Although I understand that there is an allocation limit on the substitute product. If you think widely in business terms, if the users have decided to do the substitution between two products, to the best of my business knowledge, I would think that the allocation limit should also be more or less same between both the products because you consider them as one entity or one group to substitute each other.

Now, next thing would be to see if you can make Product Availability as first check and Product Allocation as second check. Even in this case, I think ( but I am not confident ) the 2nd check will cap your net remaining requirement to 0 since there is an allocation of only 0 pieces. You may test this part and educate the users accordinly.

I hope I have been of some help in answering your question.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Babu Kilari
SCM APO Consultant

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello MT APO,

I will assume you have done the required configuration for Product Allocation Check.

Please verify below settings

1. Check Instruction : Product Allocation: Change from NO CHECK to First Check or Second Check as required. Please refer below sample screenshot for check instruction having both Allocation Check and RBA.

APO- goto SPRO>APO>GATP>General Settings>Maintain Check Instructions

2 )  Product Location Master in APO :   Use transaction /SAPAPO/MAT1 to open Product Master in APO. Goto ATP Tab, Please make sure you have maintained Location-Dependent Product Allocation Procedure and/or Sequence(if it is configured).

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare