cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default to assign an output type for billing document (VF03)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Now I need to go to "Goto -> Header -> Output" to assign the defined output type before I select "Billing Document -> Issue Output to".

Can I set some default output types in "Issue Output to" every time when I create a billing document? I don't want to assign the output type manually.

Please advise, thanks.

Best Regards,
Gary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks both,

Can I set one billing type to have more than one condition records?

e.g. I want to default both "print output" and "external send" for billing type F2 invoice for output type RD00.

If cannot fulfill in standard setting, any workarounds?

Thanks in advance.

former_member219259
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

yes that can be done in standard only.'

Pre-requisite is that in NACE, you maintain processing routine for both Print output as well as External send like in my case i have maintained a total of 4 mediums.

Now maintain condition record accordingly for whatever medium you want to trigger. Like i have maintained for Print output as below:

I hope it will clarify your question on this.

Regards,

Aayush Jain

SAP SD Consultant

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
default both "print output" and "external send" for billing type F2 invoice for output type RD00.

System will not allow same key combination in VV31/VV32 to maintain condition record for same output type with multiple transmission medium.

Output TypeSales OrganisationCustomerPartner FunctionTransmission MediumDispatch Time

RD00

Access sequence 0004

Condition table 1 -

Sales Organization/Customer Number

1000BP100001BP - Bill-to Party1 - Print Output3

RD00

Access sequence 0004

Condition table 1 -

Sales Organization/Customer Number

1000BP100001BP - Bill-to Party5 - External Sent4

Means system will allow either of the entries.

If you use VV32, to update for same key combination with different transmission medium, then you get following warning:

Message no. VK104 - The condition is being processed in the current session.Diagnosis - A condition record with the same variable key is already being processed.

If you use VV31, to update for same key combination with different transmission medium for an existing record, then you get following warning:

Message no. VK065 - The condition record entered already exists

So, you can't get this through standard configuration.

any workarounds?

Simplest way, will be to create new an output type to differentiate the transmission medium, get that determined in your billing doc.

Output TypeSales OrganisationCustomerPartner FunctionTransmission MediumDispatch Time
RD001000BP100001BP - Bill-to Party1 - Print Output3
ZRD01000BP100001BP - Bill-to Party5 - External Sent4

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jyoti, I am thinking to define a new output for different transmission medium as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

And appreciate your clear explanation

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you maintain Condition records for the billing output type in VV31 , the output will default to the Billing document type

You can get Key combination from the access sequence attached to the Output type

Just check the output type in NACE transaction code under application V3

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use T-Code VV31, specify the output type and based on the key combination, maintain the billing type and other details which you maintain in VF02.

Regards,

Umesh