cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScreenPersonas - Tab Merging

Former Member
0 Kudos

We just got ScreenPersonas with plans to do a lot of tab merging.    We use a module called global trade management (GTM) - specifically transactions WB21/WB22 (not to be confused with GTS)

When I try to merge tabs on WB21 - the system fails to cache the tabs - so merging is impossible.  I believe this is caused by validations that run when you focus on a few of the tabs.  

I'm working with my implementation partner to look at removing the validations - but I wanted to see if anyone else had a similar experience or if there is a best practice for using ScreenPersonas on transactions that have validation checks on tabs before i get them started.  

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Shane,

Which Personas Version you are on?

Secondly, what kind of validations you are mentioning? Are you seeing pop ups when you click on different tabs?

Since this issue is related to tab merge, I would recommend you to create a OSS message so that we can take a look properly. As WB* transactions MIGHT require overwrite rules too.

Best Regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sushant

we are running ScreenPersonas 2.0

There aren't popups when you click on different tabs - but you can't click away from the first tab until you fill in a handful of fields.  Similary there is a tab called additional data - that if you focus on that tab - it forces you to fill in a field or two.

The validations don't popup - but they do create error messages in the bottom taskbar.

0 Kudos

hi Shane,

When you fill those fields, after that, do you see the green indicator on top right of your tab container?

Or it still expects some mandatory fields?

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

I've tried filling in all the fields before making my copy in SP2.0 but it the tab cached icon doesn't turn green.

it also behaves strangely in the copied flavour...for example...

there are 8 tabs.  tab 1 and tab 4 have field validations.

If I click on tab 2,3,5,6,7 or 8 - it automatically loads tab 1.   if I click on tab 4 - it stays on tab 4.

it also forgets that I've turned on tab-caching if I leave edit mode and go back in.

0 Kudos

Hi Shane,

Based on your description, this transaction certainly needs overwrite entries.

Can you please create a message so that we examine it further and provide with you the exact overwrite entries?

Regards,

sushant

Answers (0)