Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PO integration with Sharepoint 2013

Former Member
0 Kudos

All-

More of an architectural Question.

Background: We have fresh installation of SAP PO 7.3 (Single Stack ) on SQL Server 2013.

Moving forward we will be
creating all Forms(FI manual Invoice, 11 forms) on SharePoint 2013. The SharePoint team is also responsible for Worksflow triggered with it. Once the workflow is routed and approved on SharePoint- then this information of Form needs to be posted to SAP…

This is where SAP PO will be used, now we have 3 options identified for this- Please let me know the best solution

1. We will  create SharePoint items with the basic Form .
  2. SharePoint will route the approval of Workflow. We do not need to worry
  3. Determine the Interface between  the SharePoint and SAP
    1. SharePoint make SOAP request to SAP Webservice. SAP PO will be providing with URL/Web service/WSDL  Endpoint and login credentials details to the Sharepoint team.
    2. SharePoint puts record in SQL Server Database and PO will write a SQL query for pulling the data(JDBC)
    3. Duet Connection- We are currently not planning to use this approach if it is feasible by SAP PO.
  4. After the connection is established between SharePoint and SAP, we will post the data into SAP using RFC ?!?
  5. From SAP we will give the Response back to the SharePoint sayings Success/Failure ?!?

Please help me with pro's and con's of point 3,and let me know the feasibility of 4 and 5.

I always reward points for any answers-

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

In my opinion:

1. Determine the Interface between  the SharePoint and SAP
    1. SharePoint make SOAP request to SAP Webservice. SAP PO will be providing with URL/Web service/WSDL  Endpoint and login credentials details to the Sharepoint team.
    2. SharePoint puts record in SQL Server Database and PO will write a SQL query for pulling the data(JDBC)
    3. Duet Connection- We are currently not planning to use this approach if it is feasible by SAP PO.

I haven't work with duet connection, i have use the SOAP connection with sharepoint because is easy to expose/consume wsdl scenario from/to PI/sharepoint and you can escalate in the future its usage with other platforms spite of a JDBC connection and you avoid a poll that is not a smart way to work at least if you havent clear when are the modification changes, you dont want to modify the database tables with a status field, etc.

1. After the connection is established between SharePoint and SAP, we will post the data into SAP using RFC ?!?

In my opinion the better way to connect is to create a  proxy in the ECC to pull the data, this a way more modern than RFC and nearest to the XML methodology.

1. From SAP we will give the Response back to the SharePoint sayings Success/Failure ?!?

If you create a sync scenario you only need to create the request/response schemas for the two interfaces. With proxy interface the sender/receiver request and the sender/receiver response could be the same.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Completly agree with Inaki on all the points..

SOAP is best over JDBC. Easy maintainance.. Better pefromance. You can simply define the structure and publish it in the central service registry. All the involving parties can access the wsdl from there.

Seems like in sharepoint we can make use of the wizards to create the clients for webservices which makes the things easy for you

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-designer-help/add-a-soap-service-as-a-data-source-HA010...