cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems deploying a SAP GUI update

0 Kudos

Hello

I am using the SAP Installation Server version 9.0.42.0, and I have added some components to an existing package and marked it as updated.

Clients are not picking up this change though.

If I restart the SAPSetup Automatic Workstation Update Service on my PC, it forces a check for updates, but nothing happens. In the log file I get the following errors:

17:34:02 NwSapsAtlC  1E  Server Path \\server.domain.com\SAP GUI Server\Setup could not be found: Error message: The system cannot find the file specified. Error code 0x00000002 (2).

17:34:02 NwAWUServc  1W  Error: \\server.domain.com\SAP GUI Server\Setup is not a valid SapSetup folder.

If I copy the above path in to Explorer, it opens it fine.

If I change the local SAPSetup service to run as a domain admin, it works, but this defeats the purpose of using LSH to allow non-admins to perform installations of SAP components.

Please could someone help?

Thanks

James

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi james,

Please apply the instruction from below thread . It might be resolve your issue.

Error code 0x00000002

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Thanks for that link.

I fixed the issue by adding the 'Everyone' group to the NTFS permissions for the file share.

I now have two new issues:

1. The update is installing fine now, however the update is being offered every single time the computers are rebooted. How can I stop this from happening? The update has already been applied so it should not be offering the update again and again.

2. The first part of the update runs silently in the background, then a window pops up to show install progress for the last 10 seconds of the update. Ideally we need the update to run 100% in the foreground, i.e. show the install progress for the entire update, so users know they should wait for the update to complete before trying to use SAP GUI. How can I achieve this please?

Thanks

James