cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10: Several levels of approver delegation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

We have run into a situation where an approver delegate (1st delegate) had to delegate to someone else (2nd delegate), but requests were still going to the 1st delegate. Is there way to configure the system, so that the requests would be going to the 2nd delegate?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick

From a system perspective am unsure... But I take delegation to mean that I am giving person X permission to act on my half. In the sense of delegation I am not giving person X the right to ask person Y to act on my behalf?

If the second delegator is required, shouldn't the original approver assign it to the second person?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Colleen -

Yeah, this could be just a semantics issue. One way to look at it is allowing a person X to act on my behalf includes delegating my authority to person Y.

Here is the scenario that actually have happened at my company. I am an approver. I go on vacation and delegate my authority to person X. Unexpectedly, the person X had to leave the country to attend a personal emergency. He delegates his authority to person Y. All my approval requests went to person X and sat in his queue until he got back, instead of getting forwarded to person Y.

So, maybe you right and the workaround is to delegate my authority to X, Y and Z assuming one of them would be available during my absence.

Thanks for the answer.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick

I suspect you will have to take that approach unless someone jumps in here with different answer

Regards

Colleen