cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO4 - Oracle PL/SQL in Information Design Tool - possible?

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using bo4 sp8.

Our standard universe uses relational tables.

Is it possible to use  pl/sql procedures in unx universes in Information Design Tool as a dat asource?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we need to write  a  wrapper function on top of the procedure, which we will call in derived table definition from   the IDT.

Please refer the image attached

Former Member
0 Kudos

What does your stored procedure do?

What does it return?

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

Not created a stored procedure yet as just looking into feasability of stored procedures in business objects.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wouldn't bother - use functions by all means but stored procedures are very limited

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Will do.

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

A Stored Procedure is not a supported for Information Design Tool In BI4 or BI4.1.

It is only possible to use stored procedures in the Universe design tool.

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jacqueline,

Thanks for information.

Philip

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can call functions from within objects - make sure that you give execute permissions to the user defined in the universe connection.

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

Useful link below.

After reading this and the sap notes referred to looks like too many disadvantages in using them for us especially since we are using information design tool

Stored Procedure Universe Best Practice Guide - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep, stored procedures have to be handled separately. Like I said, functions work fine and I usually end up with one or two function-based objects in a universe to work around complex requirements.

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for info - yes functions can be useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One final thing that's sometimes overlooked - make sure that the user specified in the universe connection has execute privileges on any functions that you intend to use in the universe.