Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM to PROS ( Application Data base)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is functional description.

This design is being created for the purpose of developing an interface to move customer master data from MDM into the PROS Pricing Solution application.The interface will use the XI architecture to transfer the customer master data from MDM to PROS by way of XML files. Due to technical limitations of the MDM there is also a need to import data from SAP for ship-to customers which are exported from MDM without the appropriate sold-to information.

Assumptions

1. MDM will handle the export of required data automatically when a new customer is created

2. For each new ship-to record exported which does not have corresponding sold-to record exported at the same time from MDM, the corresponding sold-to record will be available from SAP

3. XI will be able to pull data from two source systems (MDM, SAP) and merge the information into one complete XML record to send to PROS

Kindly suggest me for high level design for the above scenario.Is it require BPM? if not what is approach for without BPM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Chandra,

could u pls tell me which lookup is suitable for my scenario( MDM to PROS),

could u pls send step by step high level approach for the above scenario, coz i have no idea of lookups, how to implement logic in the mapping etc...

regards,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For DB look up look into the weblog

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/23/lookup146s-in-xi-made-simpler

and for RFC look up

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a03e7b02-eea4-2910-089f-8214c6d1...

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Use RFC Lookup. You can acieve your requirement with RFC Lookup, to step step approach see abovelinks.

Regards

Chilla

<i>reward points if it is useful..</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes i do agree with Michal ,

You dont require BPM,

In genral you the RFC Lookup to gt the sold-to from R3 .In message mapping you need touse Lookup.

See how to use Lookups in the following links

DB lookup - /people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/23/lookup146s-in-xi-made-simpler

SOAP Lookup - /people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/11/20/webservice-calls-from-a-user-defined-function

Lookup - /people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

Also read thru this to get more idea on lookups -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/406642ea59c753e10000000a1550b0

Lookup’s in XI made simpler - /people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/23/lookup146s-in-xi-made-simpler

How to check JDBC SQL Query Syntax and verify the query results inside a User Defined Function of the Lookup API -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

/people/prasad.illapani/blog/2006/10/25/how-to-check-jdbc-sql-query-syntax-and-verify-the-query-results-inside-a-user-defined-function-of-the-lookup-api

Lookups - /people/morten.wittrock/blog/2006/03/30/wrapping-your-mapping-lookup-api-code-in-easy-to-use-java-classes

Lookups - /people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra / Michal,

i am new to Xi , absolutely no idea of look ups , so pls suggest me which lookup is better in my scenario(MDM to PROS), if possible kindly give me step by step high level approach for the same.

Regards,

Raju

Message was edited by:

raju yarra

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you don't need a BPM - you can do a lookup to R3 (via RFC)

inside your mapping to get sold-to record

if you want you can do the lookup inside a BPM but this may affect the performance if you will have to send lots of customers

BTW

don't use pull approach - use push (push the data to XI)

Regards,

michal