cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single user logins fail ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there!

I have installed a brand new NWDI-server based on NW 7.40. Until now everythings fine but one user is unable to login. At the logs there is this error message:

LOGIN.FAILED
User: H12345
IP Address: 127.0.0.1
Authentication Stack: sap.com/com.sap.lcr*sld
Authentication Stack Properties:
        policy_domain = /sld
        password_change_error_page = /ChangePasswordSLD
        auth_method = basic
        password_change_login_page = /ChangePasswordSLD
        realm_name = SLD

Login Module                                                               Flag        Initialize  Login      Commit     Abort      Details
1. com.sap.security.core.server.jaas.EvaluateTicketLoginModule             SUFFICIENT  ok          false                 true      
2. com.sap.engine.services.security.server.jaas.BasicPasswordLoginModule   REQUISITE   ok          exception             true       Authentication did not succeed.
3. com.sap.security.core.server.jaas.CreateTicketLoginModule               OPTIONAL    ok                                true      
No logon policy was applied

The UME is connected to an LDAP-server. The user is active and not locked. With a copy of this user the person is able to login. Other users with the same rights are able to login too.

Any help is welcome!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Since nobody replied yeti just wanna write down my thoughts:

I usually know this error from system users for which i.e. the password expired, was not correctly set or specific roles where missing. However what I understand from your post this is not the case? This seems to be a dialog user who tries to login, right? Did you create the user again from scratch?

BR

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald!

Thanks for your reply! The password was once expired but it was reactivated, so I think this is not the problem. To create the user I clicked on "Copy to new user" and set a new password. Both user are standard-users, not technical users (security concept).

In the past (like 5 years ago with a NWDI based on NW 7.00) there were problems with scandinavien users that use special characters like a with ° on top (sorry that I dont know the name for these characters) in their passwords. But the problem was solved when these users changed their passwords to ones without these characters. Indeed the user had this character in his password but he changed it and the problems persists.

That problem was one reason to update to a newer version ...

BR

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can confirm that scandinavien characters in the password is still a problem when connecting via NWDS. We have NWDI 7.3...