Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor SSH Public key on PI Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

Following is my scenario:

PI -- PI SFTP Adapter -- PULL/PUSH -- Vendor SFTP Server

Now we have provided SSH compatible public key (perform the conversion of Public PI X.509 certificate) to the vendor and asked him to copy it under <userID>/.ssh authorized_keys file.

Now vendor also provided their public key to us so i have following questions:

• Do we really need to install vendor's ssh public key in our PI server, as handshake is happening between our PUBLIC/PRIVATE key.

• If we require to install vendor's ssh public key into PI server then with what method we can convert SSH public key into public SSL key (or compatible which we can install inour keystore).

Thanks

Lalit Chaudhary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit Chaudhary,

Were you able to come to a conclusion on this. Even i feel vendor public key is not required. Clarity on the subject would be much appreciated .

Thanks,

Shanker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit Chaudhary

Could you explain what did you do to solve the problem?

Have you convert the ssh public key into ssl public key and install it into the Keystore of PI?

thanks and best regards

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lalith,

• Do we really need to install vendor's ssh public key in our PI server, as handshake is happening between our PUBLIC/PRIVATE key.

------------Yes you need to store the vendor public key for handshake.

• If we require to install vendor's ssh public key into PI server then with what method we can convert SSH public key into public SSL key (or compatible which we can install inour keystore).

Please check the below blog to store the key

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/305eeb5b-81e7-2f10-d8aa-9216de04c...

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish

<<<<<<<-------Yes you need to store the vendor public key for handshake.

I checked other documents and couple of other projects where they used SFTP with certificate authentication and as per them handshake happens between "your" PUBLIC (which is provided to vendor) and PRIVATE key.

if you notice in SFTP Adapter doc it asked to import the public key under the user id (provided by vendor) SSH folder in vendors SFTP server.

*** Can someone who worked on same scenario confirm this *****

Also second link is not working for me and first link uses SSL keys only to import in Keystore. My question was how to convert public SSH key to public SSL key

-Lalit Chaudhary

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

Did you able to convert the vendor's SSH Public key to SSL public key, how did you achieved this and imported to NWA. Please let us know the result.

Regards,

kartik