Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict value type 4 posting against a particular WBS

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

There is a scenario, where we want to restrict actual postings i.e. VT=4 for a particular WBS element whose user status XXXX is activated.

Please share your ideas if it is possible through validation or user status, though I have tried it through user status but not successful.

With Regards,

Soubhagya Rout

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Dear

since you have used the user status let'say "VT04" you can use a new validation in GGB0->Cost Accounting and write some code that will use function

STATUS_TEXT_EDIT to read the status of the wbs element.

The user status will be in the LINE parameter of the function.

If "VT04" status is contained in the status of the wbs element you have to disallow the respective actual posting (VT=4) and produce an error message to your user.

I hope it helps

Pan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Rout,

We can very well restrict the actual posting to a particular WBS through user status.

Define the authorization code in customizing and assign them in your user status profile.

Also create new roles using the authorization code defined earlier (BASIS help is required)

Assign this role to the user and it works.

I am not able to insert the screen to show you how i have done it.

Imran

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Can you please mention the business transaction which needs to be restricted?

With Regards,

Soubhagya

0 Kudos

Hi

I have set the following Business transaction to forbid

Change WBS number

Complete

Confirm WBS

FI: Memo postings

FI: Postings

FI: Statistical postings

Funds commitment

Goods Movement

Goods issue delivery

Material purchase order

Release

Technically complete

Only when the status of the WBS is changed, shall these transactions are allowed.

Imran

0 Kudos

Hi Rout,

Let us know if this was helpfull to you

and close this

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

I go with standard process just tell the user to follow SOP, though I believe Panagoitis's reply is quite useful but i can not change the CO settings. Anyway thanx a lot to everyone.

With Regards,

Soubhagya Rout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soubhagya,

I believe user status with forbidding business transaction certainly will not let you post actual cost on the object.

Since you have already stated that its been tried and not working, can you share what are the objects selected to forbid the posting of actuals.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

I have tried with forbidden transaction Post goods issue, Fi posting and goods issue delivery but nothing happened.

But what Panagiotis has mentioned in his reply that might be helpful but it needs help from FI CO consultant which is not that easy in my case for certain reason.

I am just trying to find out any enhancement through which this can be possible.

With Regards,

Soubhagya

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried configure business transaction for your user status? You have your user status XXXX --> if you click on it you have several business transaction :

Create billing element, Good issue delivery, Good movement... etc You have to detect all of them that generate a real posting ( value type = 04) and  forbide them.

Regards,

Clara