Did you mean: 

No Tablspace available for Switch procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The following are the steps we did so far :

1- The switch deletion flag was set

2 - Switch deletion procedure started

3-no tablespace was available for the job hence cancelled.

4 - We tried Table re-org but again that job requires space which we don't have hence we had to cancel that job also

5- We tried with job DELET_OLD_ENTRIES but as we have support pack 12 we acnnot run this job for the inactive container.

Please susggest a way out by which we can complete the switch procedure .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Completed the switch job successfully.(Had to add more disk space).

But again after the switch job is completed Container1 became the active Container and the status shown in Persistance layer analysis is :

"Contents of container 2 being copied to container 1"

Do I have to run the switch job again?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Souvik - I don't think you need to run it explicitly and have a look at the below thread -check for Madhu's reply.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1094125

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Souvik,

Check this wiki link - Overview of the Switch Deletion Procedure, for more details on the Switch.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

What procedure explained in the link is already done i.e Container1 copied to Container2 and Container1 has been dropped.

after completion , again Container1 became the active container and the status changed to "Contents of container 2 being copied to container 1".

For this I am not able to run the simple Archival and deletion jobs.

I need to deactivate the switch and run the archival job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Thanks for Replying.

Yes The Parameter 'MOVE_INSTEAD_OF_COPY' was set before running the Switch Procedure.

But the DB did'nt release any space to the Tablespace.

The DB is Oracle.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Souvik - As you can find in the above notes "this does not mean the space is released on DB level. It is up to the DBMS to release unused disc space to the DB"

So may be you can check with your DBA/BASIS to release the unused space.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Souvik - Can you check the below notes from SAP and see if that resolves your issue?

I am running out of Table Space when running the Switch Procedure:

Within SXMB_ADMIN -> Integration Engine Configuration you can implement the following parameter:

AREA         = 'DELETION'

PARAMETER     = 'TABLE_SWITCH'

SUBPARAMETER   = 'MOVE_INSTEAD_OF_COPY'

This parameter ensures a message is deleted from the inactive container as soon as it is copied across instead of when the inactive container is dropped after the Switch complete. Please note that this parameter will not resolve this issue for all databases. When a message is deleted from a container this only ensures that the disc space is no longer in use, this does not mean the space is released on DB level. It is up to the DBMS to release unused disc space to the DB

Source : http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Overview+of+the+Switch+Deletion+Procedure