cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query with new Excise Group for existing Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xperts

I have a requirement.I have one non-excisable plant in SAP for which the Purchase/Sales operations are happening.From tomorrow onwards the Plant will be Excisable & I have done all the relevant configurations as well.Now I have to take credit for all the Existing Stocks lying in the plant for which the GR posted earlier.What is the best method to do this, please suggest?

Regards

Soumick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

saumik,

Here is the process i suggest

Assumption the stock still now available in plant is excise exempted .Because we are not giving any excise payment to vendor , There is no excise number , Excise registration etc etc.

As you have not taken credit to your i/p mat , you cant charge it to customer .

The challenge is , When you a goods receipt now after the Plant treated as Excisable plant .

How will you track the material from your already available stock ?

Solution -

Batch availability

Create a new Storage location (if 10 stores are there where your stock already available , make 20 and the newly created 10 Sl will be excisable)

Create new valuation type (Excisable val type)

This will resolve your current problem.

Future Challenge 1.

Now comes Phy Inv .

In system you can track with Val type for Excisable and excisable exempt But in physical store how will you manage ?

Solution

arrange new space in Storage location for all those new Excisable mat( most recommended)

Talk to your store manager and production ( he will have some suggestion and idea to track it separately)

Future Challenge

If you issue the Excise mat to production and make  aprd out of it, it need to charrge the excise

and if the excise exempt material, its should not add your excise.

Truly recommend to consult  with a  FICO guy and FI user at senior level before you proceed.Give things in writing and get a confirmation mail .

mention the step by step process with details.

regards

manu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask your FI colleague to post excise JV entry in respective excise register from which you are intending to utilize amount and then you can avail that amount using CENVAT utilization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In india how it is possible to have without excise? explain little bit more....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva

There area some places such as Haridwar, which are Excise free area.So Companies are buying factories over there.Now govt has decided to impose Excise at there.So any factories lying over there will have to come under Excise regulations.Please suggest how to take credit for existing inventories lying in the factory.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge just as Initial Entry but this will be difficult in year ending activities and Balance sheet preparation it is already in SAP BOOK Better Consult any Senior FICO consultant advice.

Or other words just an idea to you. Your telling from tomorrow it excise unit prepare a Purchase balance sheet till today which will be closing of stock and present stock as carry forward stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why can't we do the same via J1IH transaction for all existing inventories.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cenvat part you can make JV entry that is not a problem but utilization when it comes to month ending how you will map it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct.I was talking about CENVAT part only.How can I proceed?which option shall I use in J1IH?

Other Adj or Addn Excise?

Also via which document reference I shall update that in J1IH?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you require Ref Doc for Posting in J1IH normally FI Consultant will initial upload to particular excise accounts(Registers) so called JV entry ask FI Consultant he will help you regarding this issue .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell me the steps so that I can do the same at my end.Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exact process i to dono but in summary  FB01 you post from this t-code you refer doc number it tr6 challan in j1ih

Please check below links

CIN User manuval for MM - BPX Community Project - SCN Wiki

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-46185