cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saposcol RFC on DB+SCS host not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am trying to set the archiving directory full alert and i believe we don't get data for it as the saposcol destination is not working

The host is database plus the ASCS so there is a sap gateway running on this host

SAPXPG_DBDEST_<DBHOST> is working fine

SAPOSCOL_<DBHOST> is setup like this

Activation type: startup on explicit host

program: rfcoscol

Startup type: default gateway value

gateway host : <DBHOST>

gateway service: sapgw00 (00 is the instance number of the ASCS)

Whenever i test the connection it says Partner program fork unsuccessful

P.S saposcol is running inside the sap host agent.

Any ideas here?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yavor,

Not sure what you are trying to achieve via RFC.

But to my knowledge latest supported method of running saposcol is as part of saphostagent.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/c6f9627a004da5e10000000a421937/content.htm

SAP Host Agent Installation - SAP Host Agent - SAP Library

Perhaps you can elaborate on what you are trying to do?

Kind Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

As i said in the original post the archiving directory status in DB12 is not showing at all giving me the

SKOM_CT_BR_ARCH_FULL problem 15 (means communication error)

There is no application server on the database host but only ASCS. Saposcol is running fine inside the saphostagent but i need RFC to be able to read the saposcol information, don't I?

I thought of using ccms agent outside saphostagent (ccms_enable parameter set to 0) but ccms agents are already used for connecting to CEN

P.S I have found a workaround to configure the database as a remote database in CEN and use local auto-reactions method  but i want to be able to see DB12 info for how full the archive directory is in the local system itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you had a look at this note 1952420 - Archiving directory status "Unknown" in DB12?

Also restart OS Coll you can see if oscol is updating SAP in st06.

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have restarted the entire saphostagent, no help

I have checked this note but it specifies error code 4, i get error code 15 - i checked the meaning in SE37 - return code 15 means communication error

Anyway the DB host doesn't have app server on it. So in order to see the OS data i need to use OS07  not ST06 and there to specify SAPOSCOL_<DBHOST> RFC. When i do it it says partner <SAPOSCOL_DBHOST> not reached

The destination is setup as explained in first post i made using rfcoscol to the db host

Let's make the question simpler and shorter, how do i make OS collector working in OS07 when there is no app server on Database server but only ASCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yavor,

What is your patch levels and netweaver version of your system?

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan

Netweaver 7.0 EHP2  patch level 10 kernel is 7.20 401

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your KB levels? Also is parameter rdisp/enqname set?

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPKB70210

strange thing about rdisp/enqname

it's different on every AS and is set to the local AS name , not the ASCS name

in rz11 it says no default value, no profile value - current value: AS server name

EDIT:

I am thinking this thread is very close to what i am trying to achieve

He mentions to register a sapccmsr agent to the local system itself, like additional CEN system

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1660448

The note says now a sapccmsr agent is required and not like before rfcoscol

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/371023

Message was edited by: Yavor Markov

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Yavor,

Silly question have you done a complete stop and start of your hostagent and/or system including cleanipc?

I have checked the parameter on my systems it is set as:

DEFAULT.PFL:rdisp/enqname = psidci00_SID_00

SID_SCS01_psid00:rdisp/enqname = $(rdisp/myname)

Also since when have you had this problem has there been any changes on the system SAP/OS or otherwise? Maybe try an also upgrade the saphost agent. Also have a look at RSHOST1N.

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am pretty sure this was working like month ago

Anyway i deleted the saposcol destination in AL15 as per the note above

Then trying to see the DB12 archive directory full doesn't provide the error just saying unknown

So i went to RZ20 in database self -monitoring - it is now giving the error code 4 as per  1952420 - Archiving directory status "Unknown" in DB12?

So i set the rdisp/enqname in DEFAULT.PFL to SIDcia00_SID_00 - , restart the system and the rz20 database self monitoring says Oracle segment created succesfully

When i go to db12 and check the archivign status fill - the rz20 agains turns to

SKOM_CT_BR_ARCH_FULL: function SHOW_DIRECTORY_FILL_STATUS failed with exception PROBLEMS 4

So i am thinking is the parameter format correct - <ASCS servername>_<SID>_<instancenumber of ASCS>

For what it's worth the rz11 says

default value - ASCS server

profile value - ASCS server

curr value - local application server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On our systems where it is normal systems i.e. still running CI/DB and then seperate DI's it is running as.

DEFAULT.PFL:rdisp/enqname = psidci00_SID_00 where the CI profile is SID_DVEBMGS00_psidci00.

On other systems where it is running CS and DB only with no ABAP/JAVA and only ASCS on this it looks like as follows:

DEFAULT.1.PFL:rdisp/enqname = psidci00_SID_00

SID_ASCS00_psidcs00:rdisp/enqname = $(rdisp/myname)

Different versions of SAP netweaver as well.

Kind Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

So it's basically the same as here

what bothers me is that i got a warning for rdisp/enqname - parameter can not be checked as server <SID>cia00_<SID>_00 can not be reached

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

I went ahead and registered an sapccmsr agent to the local system, not CEN. Now i can see data in OS07. However when i try to mark the destination as DB server in al15 it seems to get saved but once i exit the transaction and go back the DB flag in al15 is gone (the other one for history is preserved)

I think i am gonna end up opening a OSS message for this as db12 is still not showing, i believe it's unable to identify the saposcol responsible for the database server

Thanks for your help,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yavor,

Not a problem. let me know what solution SAP comes up with on this rather curious myself.

Good luck and have a nice weekend.

Regards.

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess the issue us due to us using logical hostnames for the SCS:  <SID>cia00 and for the DB - <SID>ora00. The communication error is due to the fact those two reside on the same vitrual host - with has different name. So everything needs to be unified.

Here is what seems to work

First as this is a standalone ENQ server, the rdisp/enqname should not be set to <sid>cia00_SID_00 in DEFAULT.PFL . I have deleted it as per sap support

delete the old AL15 entry for SAPOSCOL_DBHOST as rfcoscol is no longer used

check saphostagent profile and set it to allow to bring the sapccmsr agent outside the saphost agent

When registering the sapccmsr manually do not specify the profile of the SCS, no matter that is running in the same host as the DB

Basically run sapccmsr -r and answer all the questions and register it to the local system

Then the sapccmsr will be registered to the local system as sapccmsr.99.<VIRTUALHOSTNAME>

Check the gateway setting in the SM59 RFC for the agent.

The gateway should have as host the <VIRTUALHOSTNAME> not the logical one of the DB

What SAP Support found out is that SAPDBHOST in Default PFL is set to logical host name of the DB - <SID>ora00. When i changed the SAPDBHOST to VIRTUALHOSTNAME and restarted the system so profile changes are activated, in AL15 the sapccmsr.99.<VIRTUALHOSTNAME> could be marked as DB server

Now in DB12 the status can been fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am starting to think this is not the proper way to setup the saposcol

I think we should have a sap ccms agent on the host (may be use the parameter for saphostctrl to enable the agent to run outside of it?)