Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customization on Request Submission

khush_bafna
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on an customization. Exucution must take place once the request details are validated but before request gets submitted to workflow as customization related to Approver. Is there any Enhancement Spot available in Access Request, that i can use to execute my customized function just before the request is submitted in Workflow.

Best Regards,

Khush Bafna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Khush

Can you put a breakpoint on the Submit button and then find place in code that would suit a user Exit for you validation?

What type of validations are you trying to complete at the beginning? Under Maintain EUP you can set the mandatory fields, etc of the request.

If not, you could attempt validation via MSMP Iniator rule and if it doesn't criteria send the request back to the Requester

Regards

Colleen

khush_bafna
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

I Need to create some data in the Plug-in System (Approver User in GRC for example.)

I am not aware of how to find a user exit /Enhancement spot in the code.

Can you confirm me that calling the code in the first line of initiator function module will not affect the normal execution of workflow ??

Or will it be more safe to use an existing Enhancement point or User exit?

Best Regards,

Khush Bafna.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Khush

(Approver User in GRC for example.)

Couldn't  a BRF+ rule do this based on user sync job updating GRAC* tables?

Can you confirm me that calling the code in the first line of initiator function module will not affect the normal execution of workflow ??

I recommend you read up on MSMP and what the initiator rule is about. This sits on top of Workflow (SW* transactions) to compliment it. You can create your own initiator rule instead of using the BC delivered one. If you need to make a decision on submit, you will need to create your own as the SAP function module only returns one Result to the MSMP.

I am not aware of how to find a user exit /Enhancement spot in the code.

This is when you talk to your developer. It may be in the GRC component but it's still development

Regards

Colleen

Answers (0)