cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Mapping replication step by step in PI 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone implemented the value mapping replication in PI 7.3 for mass values with dual stack(having ABAP with Java)?

There is help provided in SAP help as in the below link :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4a/3626a9d5e92ab1e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

but its not very clear as to where to call the ABAP program, if table of data is stored on the ABAP stack of PI 7.3, etc.

Also, how it behaves wrt performance for frequent hits to the table  as likely the data table is stored on the ABAP stack of the PI system?

Please let me know if you have already done.

Thanks in advance,

Shaily

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208404
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The tables are stored on the ECC system. The call from the abap program is to the API which will change the values in PI value map.

Hope it helps!

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

For frequent calls to the ECC system , for the table hits does not look to be a good option ..

Also, where do you call the ABAP program?

Thanks

Shaily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaliy

Check this doc. It has the step by step details for value mapping replication

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e07dd2ae-f783-2c10-9aa6-ca69f67dd...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am able to do this end-end now. But now stuck in specifying the URL address of the SOAP rcvr adapter to send the data to the 'MessagingSystem/receive/JPR/XI'  of the adapter framework.

For the advanced adapter engine, we do not have the option of specifying the path prefix in PI 7.3

Adapter Type : SOAP

Transport Protocol : HTTP

Message Protocol : XI 3.0

What exactly should I specify in URL address?

Thanks,

Shaily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all, don't club multiple questions in one thread - Read SCN Rules of Engagement.

Try to create a separate post for each question.

BTW, i am replying ur question hoping that next time u will follow rules

>>What exactly should I specify in URL address?

Yes u have to use SOAP Receiver adapter(XI3.0) and put below URL under URL address:

http://host:port/MessagingSystem/receive/JPR/XI

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Amit, I know that this thread was closed long back. But I am curious to ask the following question for your remark about using SOAP receiver adapter. What difference would that make from using an XI? Please feedback. Thanks!

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaily,

As Amit replied value mapping is java run time table, and the help link show how you can create or replicate bulk value mapping. For example if you have  more then 1k entries in value mapping pair, it will take lot of manual effort to update in configuration.  With the help of this feature you can replicate the value mapping from ABAP table or other sources.

Also, how it behaves wrt performance for frequent hits to the table  as likely the data table is stored on the ABAP stack of the PI system?

--- The frequency is only when your value mapping value are change or updated. as it is a replication procedure no need to run if there is no change.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In VMR, value mappings (key value pairs) are stored in the java runtime cache of PI system.

>>but its not very clear as to where to call the ABAP program, if table of data is stored on the ABAP stack of PI 7.3, etc

SAP help is just providing u an example of how to trigger VMR calls in PI by using outbound proxy call  (reading pairs from ABAP table) and updating java runtime cache with key value pairs.

But having said that, u can use other adapter also (depends upon ur scenario) like soap, file etc..So if ur key pairs are stored in some external system then u can choose other protocols to do VMR in PI.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava