cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialog Work Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have cancelled (without core) one dialog workprocess from SM50 few days back. But the work process PID is still there in SM50 & SM66.

Can anybody suggest me how can I cancel the workprocess permanently?.

Thanks & Regards,

A.S.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If if you are not able to cancel the workprocess in SM50/SM66, double click the work process then u will get the server name and PID of the work process.Then enter that particular server and in task manager,you can cancel the particular PID of the WP u want to canel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if at all u want to cancell a long running work process,

1st check sm37

2 nd check the job which is running from long time because of that job it has occupied the work process.

check the job log u will come to kinow why it was loong running,

after that check job details,in that u ll come to know the work process and on which server it is running make a not of it ,

and go to sm51 and select that process do cancel without core after give a refresh,

definitely it will be gone to confirm ,come back to sm37 give a refresh it will be gone,in case it is not gone ,check that box go to job status and do check job status definitely go .

Regards

zia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Do one simple thing.

Check in DB01 if there are any database locks for a long time. If there are delete them. If it still persists then check actually at database levels for any locks. Terminate that lock and the PID will get removed at SAP level as well.

Please award points accordingly.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Thanks for your reply. But I did not get required information from t.c: DB01. Can you tell me other way to resolve the issue.

Please let me know if you need more information on this.

Thanks in advance

A.S.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

First of all if got you correctly then the following situtation is arising for you:

1. You are seeing a long running WP in SM50 which has been assigned an UNIX level PID. You cancel it but again this activity being performed by the work process re emerges may be in some other WP number but having same unix PID. The UNIX pid is reoccuring again and again for the report or activity inspite of repeated cancellations.

If this understanding is correct then there is an issue at oracle level.Check at the oracle level for such process that has been running for a long time and is causing a lock situation. Kill that process and everything and things should fine.

Please try this and let us know.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Is the WP still there, as i see if u cancel it with Core it gets terminated.

only FYI.

Did u check the error log files or ST11...

Vbr,

Sri

Award points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do you mean, if you have cancelled the WP in SM50 OS will assign new PID for the same WP. There willbe no changes in workprocess. now what is the status of the WP which you have cancelled?

Cheers,

-Sunil