cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pasting text in a document

0 Kudos

Good day,

I have prepared and article typed up in .docx. When I try to create a document in SCN it seems that I cannot paste when copying form the .docx format. I have also converted to Notepad format and attempted to copy and paste from there, but the paste does not take effect.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dawid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I use IE8 and have no problem copy-pasting text from Word 2010, but I've never been able to copy/paste images. There was an idea posted on Idea Place and someone replied that it was already possible, maybe it just doesn't work in some browsers.

Also every time I get that annoying pop-up in IE to allow access to clipboard, so this could also be some IE security thing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had replied that pasting has always worked for me on IE, Firefox and Chrome.

The clipboard related popup is indeed shown due to IE security setting.

You can opt for custom security setting in order to avoid that.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dawid,

What a browser are you using? Does copy/pasting it work with other online sites, such as a new e-mail message in gmail? I'm asking because I'm not sure this is an issue with SCN.

After you copy and paste the text, you can align your document with the SCN template by selecting all the text and clicking remove formatting:

Jason

0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I am using IE 11. I have tested it on other sites such as your suggestion of a new message in gmail It works fine in such a case.

Dawid

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'll try to test on my end.  In the meantime, may I ask you to try with a different browser?

0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I have tried it with Chrome and it seems to paste fine.

Dawid

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It's a bug

I've created a ticket and added it to > MKT-256 Cannot Paste Text into SCN Text Editor when Using IE 11.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Still not resolved but possible solution listed here:

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just want to update I have this issue with IE8 also, in addition to IE11

Br, Ajay M

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Any news on a resolution for this bug MKT-256 (pasting in editor using IE11)?

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Still unresolved. Please see the bottom of this thread and others linked to for work arounds.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dawid,

There is no such issues. its possible one.

Can you please log out and clear your browser cache and retry copy and paste the matter on scn.

Can you try to copy the paragraph wise and try to paste it rather than copying whole doc or text.

Thanks

Raman

0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

I am trying some other options and I will also try your suggestion of logging out and clearing the cache.

Thanks

Dawid