cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User id not getting created in the backend system from SAP IDM UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As I have tried to create a abap user from IDM UI and  I assigned  privileges to user. But the user is not getting created in backend system(CRM) and I can see the assigned privilege status is pending. please find the screen below and please suggest.

Thanks

Sajin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sajin,

Please check all relevant jobs have checked with correct dispatcher. If the backend id is not created then you can see an error message saying "user id does not exist".

Thanks & Regards

Shan

0 Kudos

Hi Sajin,

If you click on the pending in the UI, you should get what it is waiting on. If it is missing the account privilege, it should show up in there.

Good luck.

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sajin,

If you want to check, why the privileges are pending follow the steps below:

1. SELECT * FROM mxi_link WHERE mcthismskey=user_mskey AND mcothermskey=privilege_mskey;

2. from the SQL result you should get - mclastaudit and then execute

3. SELECT * FROM mcmv_audit WHERE auditref=mclastaudit_id;

But in this case you can get the mskey of the ONLY privilgege(ONLY_mskey) and the user's mskey(USER_mskey) and execute this select:

SELECT * FROM mxi_link WHERE mcthismskey=USER_mskey AND mcothermskey=ONLY_mskey; - if no result, the only privilege is not attached to the user.

Kind Regards,

Simona

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you're only after whether the account privilege has been assigned an easier query would be to idmv_link_ext which has columns mcThisMSKEYVALUE and mcOtherMSKEYVALUE:

select mcThisMSKEYVALUE, mcOtherMSKEYVALUE from idmv_link_ext
where mcThisMSKEYVALUE = '[USER_NAME]' and mcOtherMSKEYVALUE like '%[REPOSITORY_NAME]%'

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sajin,

the account-privilege of the system, you want to provision to must be assigned first. That is the one, that will trigger the create-process. And before the account in the backend isn't created, those other privileges will stay on "Pending" (because they are waiting for the account).

EDIT: And what Simona said. That's the account-privilege I was talking about. ^^

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sajin,

First you have to check the ONLY privilege. If you want to create a user into the back-end system, you should attache the PRIV:back-end-system-name:ONLY to the user.

1. Check if you have created the privilege

2.      Check the setting of the privilege

3.      Check the master privilege for the respective repository(master privilege=ONLY privilege)

4.      Assign the ONLY privilege to the user

Kind Regards,

Simona