cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Rebate Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please help me the below scenario how to fix. This is important for me to fix.

No one has replied so far. Please help to share your knowledge.

Created Rebate agreement and rebate value accrued and available to pay $ 50. Then I posted manual accurals with the value $ - 50. So total amount accrued as $ 100. Then verified clicking the Pay button and it shows $ 100 which is correct.

Then I tried to do the final settlement then it show's only & 50 and if I click on continue button Credit memo request generated.

Then the values are shown as below:

Customer Rebate %             $ 50

Customer Rebate % Ac        $ - 100

As per my understanding while doing the final settlement system is not considering the Manual accural value.

Finance team was not happy with  accounting entries and having the difference of the values.

Can you guys please help me on this issue? Let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks & Regards,

SK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi SK

The final settlement in the agreement is always based on the real sales volume. The accruals are

just that accruals and have no correlation to what the customer is actually paid out.

In the definition of the agreeemnt type in transaction VB(2 you can specify payment procedure of A 'Payment allowed up to the accruals value'. With this setting in your scenarion above if you had 50$ real sales volume and you created a manual accrual in the agreement for 50$. You would be able to

make a manual payment of 100$ if that is what you wanted to do from a business perspective.

So you are paying 50 more than the agreement defines in essence.

When you carry out the final settlement the system would automatically calculate -50$ for the

customer account (because of the over payment) and the accrual condition value would be 100$

In that case if you actually wanted the customer to receive 100$ despite the sales volume you would

zero out the value in the final settlement document in VA02 and post it as 0.00.

So you can use the customising in the agreement type to be able to the customer whatever you

decide based on the real values, accruals posted or no limit, but in the end at the settlement the system calculates the real figures posted on the billing documents applying scales if required and reversing the open accruals posted manually or otherwise.

You might need to set your payment type to 'B' then you would not be able to pay more than the real accruals value posted on the billing documents but nonetheless if you post manual accruals they have to be reversed, so inevitably the values posted on the customer account at the final settlement

will differ from the accruals amount. I guess your finance department just need to be clear on why the figures differ in the final document. In the end the customer account and the accruals account are clear and correct.

I hope this helps you further

Kind regards

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Brian.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Why do you do a manual accrual? Think you can have an scale, but you need to account the accruals according an average rate.

But I suggest to see these notes as checklists for your issue

SAP Note 456247 - Accrual conditions w/ calculation type 'B' - fixed amount

SAP Note 410579 - FAQ: Rebate processing

SAP Note 105681 - Consulting: New rebate procedure

SAP Note 456458 - FAQ: How does SDBONT06 work?

SAP Note 613089 - Enhancements for the use of 'Enhanced rebate procedure'

SAP Note 609631 - BAdI for use of 'Enhanced rebate processing

SAP Note 7 5778 - Consulting/troubleshooting for rebate processing

and related notes. Maybe someone gives you an idea how to solve your trouble.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo