cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Customer Check by Tax Number 1,2 and 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried searching the similar thread on SCN but could not found a suitable answer to my query which led me to post this question.

I have a requirement to check BP duplicates by fields Tax number 1, Tax Number 2 and Tax Number 5. In other words, any time a BP is being created and has the same Tax Numbers as an existing Customer, the system must not allow the creation of the new BP.

I implemented this solution :

SAP-Standard part, table T100s

Transaction 'SM31', Table/View 'T100s', Maintain, New Entries, add following entry:

Application area: BUPA_TAX

MsgNo: 400

Allowed: WEIS-

Standard: I

Switch off:

Customer specific part, table T100c

Transaction 'OBA5', Application Area 'BUPA_TAX', enter, add following entry to set an error for the message 'BUPA_TAX 400':

MsgNo: 400

Online: E

BatchI: E

But it did not work for me!

I implemented the same process but did not get an error message, not even a warning message upon creating a new customer with id 643 having the same Tax number 1, Tax number 2 and Tax Number 5 as the one created before having id 642.

I have already added the following as an error message in sm30 , table/view V_T100C and Application area F2 :

Msg 273 Customers with same VAT Registration number found

This is working!

But what I want is a check on Tax Number 1, Tax Number 2 and Tax Number 5.

Kindly help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This thread has given you the right direction

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already tried that, VAT number check is working for me as I mentioned in my thread. But what I want is to have a check on Fields Tax Number 1, Tax Number 2 and Tax Number 5.

Have a look at the screenshot attached.