cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compound PK in IDT Business Layer

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the method to create a compound PK in IDT Business Layer. I've tried the method shown in the tutorials but that onlly alows for an atomic key and the manual (needless to say) doesn't cover it either. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI..

If possible can you please provide one example or requirement to create compound PK in IDT Business Layer.

former_member186155
Participant
0 Kudos

David, hello again.  As long as I'm not misunderstanding, I don't think you've got the right use of Keys in the Business Layer.  Keys in the Business Layer are intended to provide Index Awareness.  In a Primary Key/Foreign Key relationship, the idea is that you'd be able to pass a string like "Party Pants" to a lookup table to get the key value, presumably a numeric value, like the number "1", where "1" is the value for "Party Pants".  Good or bad, for as long as I can remember, the Universe has never been designed to work that way with a Compound Key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Completely agree with Eric, the main reason of having a business layer is to hide all the database complexity in the first place..  Also I do not see any use case for this functionality in the universe which will be helpful for the business users