Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SARA: Path and Archive file error

former_member542334
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone help me understand if I'm doing the correct way in archiving.

I tried a single PO number

I'm running transaction SARA with archiving Object MM_EKKO.

I Click Customizing and in Data Archiving Customizing (Cross Archiving object - Technical Settings) I set all for default.

and In Archiving Object-Specific Customizing I select Logical File Name Z_Logical_File ( this i created in transaction FILE)

I went through Basis Customizing and double check the Logical File Path (\\10.1.2.101\e$\usr\saparchive\<FILENAME>) attached to Logical File name Z_Logical_File.

Now going back to SARA, i clicked Write and maintained a variant (Click processing option: Production Mode)

Start Date: Immediate, Spool Param: Yes

and Execute

I checked Job Overview and this i found out

I just want to know why the PATH was not located and archive file was not created?

What did i miss?

Regards,

Bernardo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The pathes can be set per archiving object in AOBJ. -> Customizing Settings -> Logical File Name. So please make sure that you maintained this for the hereby used archiving object.

BR,

Janos

former_member222508
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bernardo,

Is this issue resolved?

Bala.

former_member542334
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late reply. Actually i came to understand transaction SARA when i archive article and inforec. What i dont understand is even a newly created PO i cannot delete it in SARA with archiving obj. MM_EKKO. PO line item has been marked deleted but still no activities is happening.

Any Idea.

Regards,

Ber

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MM_EKKO has cusomizing involved. Per document type and item category you have to define a residence time 1 + 2 .

In any case, whatever archiving object you execute, always check spool file and job logs for more information. I am certain SAP is not speachless and logs the reason why a document is not archived in the spool file.

Of course you have to select the option to get a log in the selection screen of your archiving run. But this should be obvious when you start testing a new object.

former_member222508
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bernardo,

Is it possible for you to share the spool and job log? I can guide you to resolve the issue once i look into the job log.

Thanks,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

post the spool of write job so that we can see and evaluate whether any archive file has been created or its just a open document and thats why it doesnt create any archive file.

Also try to create the file path directory in tcode AL11 and cross check whether there is any file created in it.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what gives you the impression that the path was not found?

if it would be the case, then you could see an error message in the job log.

Maybe it was in the log of the write job, but you just posted the log of the sub job twice.

have you ever tried it without the part left of \usr\saparchive\....?

the write job usually writes to the SAP file system, finally the STO job moves the archive from the file system to a content repository elsewhere.

former_member542334
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok so meaning the archive file was created? I was just comparing my testing to one documentation i retrieved from the internet (see below)

There was Path and Archive file name shown.

I tried also using path \\usr\saparchive\ and still the same.

Where in the system is the Archive file being written? I set the path from where the archive program has to write but it seems it not using that path.

i use SM37 to check schedule Job entries.

What else?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The archive file is to be written where you want it to be based on your customizing.

You may find it then with transaction AL11

OSS note 35992 - File name/directory for application archiving

explains how to define it.

it is already depending on your system (Unix based or windows) how a path has to be written, I mean with slash (unix) or with backslash (windows).

e.g. /usr/sap/<SYSID>/<CLIENT>/<FILENAME>

or \usr\sap\<SYSID>\<CLIENT>\<FILENAME>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernando,

Don't compare the job log of different archiving objects(Either WRI or DEL). It would not be common.

Deletion indicator has to be set on PO's before archiving. Please run the pre processing job beofe running the WRITE job.  If the entries does not met the condition it would not create any archive file.

Also you have not given the screen shot of write job. Please check.

Regards,

Sudheer T

former_member222508
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bernado,

Archive file gets created only when you schedule the job in "Live Mode". you would not get the file created if that is executed with "Test Mode".

Also, i echo the reply from Sudheer that if the selection criteria is not met, records would n't get archived, but still you can see the job gets completed.

I suggest you to run a test run to check if records are getting archived or not. If the output of the test run shows the records that can be archivable, schedule a job in live mode, you would defenitely see archive file getting created in the location that you have maintained.

Thanks,

Bala Ganduri