cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scriptlet tags not working in netweaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to SAP, while creating jsps in SAP NWDS scriptlet tags are not working so what ever is written inside out.println is not getting printed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prashil
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashima,

Please also verify that the J2EE engine is working fine and you have included all the required packages within the application.

If all this is fine then the only problem could be in the configuration files i.e. web.xml or config.xml or deployment procedure you have followed.

Regards,

Prashil

prashil
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashima,

I didn't said that using scriptlet is wrong but we should avoid using it processing any logic.

For displaying data you can definitely use scriptlet.

Anyways please post your code to analyse what exactly the problem with the code.

Regards,

Prashil

prashil
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashima,

Ideally it has been suggested that we should avoid using scriptlet, instead use bean object.

Anyways try to replace your out.println(".........."+xxx); with "...........<%=xxx%>

Do remember that the suggested expression is written outside the scriptlet. i.e. <%.......................%>

Hope this'll work.

If this doesn't work then there must be problem with you JSP code. Please submit your code.

Regards,

Prashil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply but Its(my code) still not working and I dont think that its any thing wrong in my code as its a simple code which is running fine in Netbeans.

You told me that we should avoid using scriptlets so what is the other option for that.

former_member185706
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashima,

could you post your JSP code here?

Regards

Bojidar