cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saphostagent not able to gather data in JAVA MC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Saphostagent not able to gather operating system data in JAVA MC ,displaying message saphostagent not started or not installed .

Can someone help me on this ?

--

Regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Hello Praveen,

Please make sure the Host Agent is actually running on the System in question. You can check that with "/usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/saphostexec -status"

The next thing to check would be the Host Agent Ports 1128 (http) / 1129 (https) which are used for the communication between SAPMC and Host Agent.

You may check these with "netstat -a" (or something similar). At least port 1128 should be open and should have the status "listening". The SAPMC settings must also be set to use http / https.

Also, please make sure there is no firewall preventing the communication.

To get a clear picture of the situation, you should provide the Host Agent Version (saphostexec -version) and the Host Agent logs which can be found in /usr/sap/hostctrl/work.

The most important logfiles are dev_saphostexec and sapstartsrv.log

You may have a look there. Normally, the logs are quite readable and maybe there is a hint to where the problem is.

Best Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are getting error [Thr 09] *** ERROR => Webmethod GetComputerSystem failed: Unauthorized: User authentication required [saphostcontr 1578]

Pleaes suggest what needs to be done?

--

Regards

Praveen

0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

You need to update your SAPMC. In the past, the Host Agent offered the GetComputerSystem Webmethod without any user authentication but due to security reasons this was changed.

You still have an older version of the SAPMC. With the latest Version, the connection to the Host Agent should work again.

Please have a look at note 1014480 on how to update the SAPMC.

Best Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

But in same SAPMC we are getting data for other systems.

-

Regards

Praveen

0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

On the systems which provide the data are older Host Agents installed which work with your version of the SAPMC.

To be on the safe side you should upgrade the SAPMC and upgrade your Host Agents. But the new SAPMC will also work with older Host Agents.

See Note 1031096 for information about Host Agent upgrade.

Best Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks For your reply,but still I am getting same issue.

All the thing is working as suggested by you

--

Regards

Praveen

0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

at this point it would be the best to open a CSS Message on component BC-CCM-MC and provide access to the systems (SAPMC system and Host Agent system).

This way I (or my colleagues) can have a look directly and figure out what the problem is.

Best Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

But I am still getting the same issue

Tried all the points mentioned bu you.

--

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

restarted the system but still not working

Regards

Praveen

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Let's recapitulate the situation: You restarted the Host Agent and the System. The Host Agent is running now. If you enter "saphostexec -status" you see something like this:

saphostexec running (pid = 19852)

sapstartsrv running (pid = 19855)

08:33:11 27.01.2014     LOG: Using PerfDir (DIR_PERF) = /usr/sap/tmp

saposcol running (pid = 19884)

Please let me know if all of this is correct.

Now my questions:

1.) Is is possible to do a ping from your system where the SAPMC runs to the system where the Host Agent runs ?

2.) On the Host Agent System, please execute this command: netstat -a -p | grep 1128

It will show you if the Host Agent is listening on this port. Please post the output here.

3.) Please have a look at the Host Agent logfile /usr/sap/hostctrl/work/sapstartsrv.log to determine if the Host Agent encountered problems when starting. Are there any error messages ?

4.) Do you have any Firewall settings blocking port 1128/1129 in your landscape ?

5.) Please execute the following command: "/usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/saphostctrl -function GetComputerSystem" and let me know if you see data about your system.

Best Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

True but we had already tried with the root with ./saphostexec -start,restart.

We are able to see the process but its not fetching data in JAVA MC.

--

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the result if you run ps -ef |grep host ?

Also is sapstartsrv running and has it been running since sap is started on this java host? i.e. if sapstartsrv process is older than running java sap processes I would recommend full restart of java and also ensuring cleanipc is done and sapstartsrv is stopped and newly started.

As the hostagent interfaces via the sapstartsrv process I have seen in past this causes problem.

Please advise.

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

jaeadm> saphostexec -status

[Thr 01] Fri Jan 24 15:50:13 2014

[Thr 01] *** ERROR =>  (13: Permission denied) [HostServiceI 2325]

saphostexec stopped

15:50:13 24.01.2014     LOG: Using PerfDir (DIR_PERF) = /usr/sap/tmp

Still need help

-Regards

Praveen

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

You need to run the above query with root user.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your server team should configure your sudoers file to allow the sidadm user to run commands against the saphost agent.

Otherwise only works with root user.

possible commands:

sudo /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/saphostexec -restart  

sudo /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/saphostexec -stop

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think problem is related with /etc/services file ,I am not able to find entries related with hostagent.

Please suggest.

-

Regards

Praveen

0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

your /etc/services should include the following entries:

saphostctrl 1128/tcp   # SAPHostControl over SOAP/HTTP
saphostctrl 1128/udp   # SAPHostControl over SOAP/HTTP
saphostctrls1129/tcp   # SAPHostControl over SOAP/HTTPS
saphostctrls1129/udp   # SAPHostControl over SOAP/HTTPS

Best Regards,

Christian

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Please find scn.sap.com link to troubleshoot sap host agent as below

Thanks,

Gaurav Rana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

Is the host agent installed in your system.  Please confirm the OS of your system.

Does the /usr/sap/hostctrl exist in your system .

Also see the following link for Unix platforms

SAP Host Agent Reference - Command Line Options of the hostexecstart Executable - SAP Host Agent - S...

Thanks

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

My hostagent is installed in hp unix and it file system also exist for the same .We also tried to restart with the command provided but still we are acing this issue .

--

Regards

Praveen