cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why SAP PI is best to choose for integration between SAP and Non SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

I know SAP PI is best for integration between SAP and Non SAP, however I have a meeting with management people to talk why SAP PI is best . I need to challenge the MS Biz-talk peoples that SAP PI is better over MS Biz-talk in-front of management to prove this with strong supporting point. 

I am looking for the official documents from SAP where they recommend strongly to use SAP PI, Please help me jot down few strong points(in business language, i.e non technical) to convince the management.

Thanks,

Farhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan - I've never worked on biztalk so it's not good at my part to say that PI is best over biztalk.

You seems to be strong supporter of PI so to know the advantages and benefits

Please have a look at the below blog(Product Overview) .

Business Benefits :

SAP NetWeaver PI 7.3 provides the lowest TCO with the first complete Java-only stand-alone installation option and centralized end-to-end monitoring for best-run business processes through its specific PI workcenter in SAP Solution Manager and integration into SAP Application Lifecycle Management & Operations. The single platform approach to end-to-end process integration enables you to streamline execution, automate workflow, and reduce operational costs.

Also check the below presentation on top 5 reasons.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4096a6b3-3dc3-2d10-bf87-f63d5340a...

You can find similar discussion @

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harish and Hareesh,

Thanks a lot to both of you for your reply .The intention of opening this thread was to understand what exactly do I need to talk in-front of business people, those who does not understand much of technical terminology rather than SAP PI vs. Biztalk.

Shall I just talk the benefits of SAP PI more in terms of business perspective?

Thanks,

Farhan

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

If you client is not much technical then you need to talk of business benefits of SAP PI. You can provide them example of similar industry client using the PI integration and how many client from the same industry and region using the product.

The business benefits

• B2B capabilities with start up service (SAP provide standard IDOC to EDI transformation and you can customized based on your req.)
  • Centralized Monitoring and better fault tolerance(a big part of it budget is goes into maintains and with better monitoring and fault tolerance it can be reduced)
  • Solution manager monitoring - One person can monitor all the SAP system from solution manager (lower the TCO and you do need resources for all the system (only for monitoring))
  • The future road map of integration product - SAP is investing a lot in PI space and customer will have better future improvement or update with the product.
  • SAP provide on promise or on cloud integration service (multiple option are available)
  • Near to zero business downtime with PI single stack (during maintains single stack take 60-90 sec in restart (refer the SAP PI single stack presentation))
  • SAP PO will lower the TCO with PI, Business rules and BPM in one server (one SID).

I hope this help.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Harish for your expert suggestion:-)

Regards,

Farhan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is this feature available in a installation where PI and BPM are in differnet SIDs? Is a must to have installed Process Orchestration?

Many thanks for your help,

Phil

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

SAP PI advantage

• Monitoring is better than any other middleware product. It offers exhaustive monitoring features like message, performance, component monitoring etc, all of which can be used to track and rectify the errors. It follows a hub and spoke model.
  • B2B Integration adapter is available by SAP (AS2, SFTP etc)
  • When you need to integrate with an SAP system PI has an advantage in supporting various SAP components and so on.
  • Mappings and adapters are good as comparable with any other middleware product.
  • Synchronous & Asynchronous communication is possible.

Please check the SAP document for SAP Pi features.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0673305-fa94-2e10-18af-9541de282...

some useful discussion link

XI & Biztalk - advantage & disadvantage | SCN

I hope this help.

regards,

Harish