cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10 EAM FF ID deletes RFC Destination and no new session created

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have logged on to GRC 10 EAM and launched GRAC_EAM and was prompted to select and enter a Reason Code. Next, I clicked execute and noticed no ERP session was created for me to perform the FF action. However, I reviewed the Systm log via SM21 and saw the message:

Userxxx Deletes RFC Destination GRCCLNTXXXX_LD. I have not configured any RFC connection using a name that ends with "LD". Also, I have completed all configurations for GRC Foundation and Plug-In components, tested RFC connections, initiated and reviewed ST05/ST01 Traces and as of this post, I have no solution. Therefore, my question to this forum is Why is the User ID deleting the RFC Destination? Additionally, we installed both GRC Plug-Ins. If anyone is familiar with this issue, I would appreciate your comments and assistance.

Thanks-DP     

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Did you manage to solve this issue.

Hi All,

I'm getting the same issue but only in my production environment. When verified the following thing happens succesfully.,

- Firefighter session turns to RED

- RFC ID resets the password of the firefighter ID

- Last logon by firefigher ID was successfull

- Verified in SM04 and AL08, session gets created

But cannot see the screen of the target system. 

To rule out the issue between GRC and the target system, we have tried the following.

- Connected production GRC to quality target system - DID NOT WORK

- Connected quality GRC to production target system - WORKED

This indicates the problem is with Production GRC server.

Any ideas.

Regards,

Muthu

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

RFC user between GRC production and ECC production may have insufficent authorization.

Please check it out,

FIlip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Filip,

Thanks for the response.

The RFC ID's should exist in the target system right. As explained before I can login using Quality GRC system to production target system (same RFC ID) without any issues.

Any inputs.

Regards,

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This issue has been resolved.

The production GRC server is based on cluster confirguration with message server and multiple app servers. When EAM was launched all the tasks happened in the target system successfully but the session didnt get created reason being when the handshake comes back there was a confusion to which server to communicate with.

The OS team made changes in the hosts/services file which resolved the issue. Thanks.

Regards,

Muthu

chandani_kaur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Don,

The RFC destination with suffix _LD is temporarily created when the Firefighter login using FFID. Then this temporarily created RFC is then deleted. This is as per design.

Hope it answer's your query.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update Chandani!

However, I am unable to set up a connection with the backend/ERP system and my question is how can this be accomplished? 

Any ideas are welcome!

Cheers-Don

chandani_kaur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Don,

Can you please confirm if you are getting a login screen or no new window opens up. The logical destination is not an issue. It will be created and then used for FFID login and after that it would be deleted. So please check in ST22 if any dump is coming in plugin/ERP system. Also confirm your plugin system basis release.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandani,

No dumps were generated at the backend.

Our Plug-In Components levels are:

SAP_BASIS SPL = 0007 SPACK = KB73107

GRCPINW SPL = 0004 SPACK = 10504

Best-Don

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Don

Do you have any short dumps in ST22 for trusted RFC? Also were you running ST01/05 in the GRC component or the plug-in system?

If you only looked at GRC, have you seen this KB Article (it is for decentrailsed FF)

1944417 - In decentralized firefighting firefighter is not able to perform firefighter logon

It mentions authorization on the FF Id for password change in the satellite.

Userxxx Deletes RFC Destination GRCCLNTXXXX_LD

As far as the _LD Connection, I've seen that in my system logs too. It must be the way SAP have the FF sessions creating - it temporary creates a connection and then deletes it. Must admit, I've been curious too but mine was working so curiosity energy levels were diverted to something that was broken and I forgot to inquire as to why

It is not deleted the RFC destination that you created as part of configuration and suspect this was quite low level details and too technical to raise in training course.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

The answer to your questions are:

1. I did not receive any Short Dumps

2. I initiated the traces (ST01/ST05) in GRC

3. I reviewed Note # 1944417

The aforementioned note addresses Decentralized FF access.

I tried logging on in a decentralization mode using

transaction /GRCPI/GRIA_EAM  and I received a blank screen.
Can you explain why I received a blank screen?
Also, when I logged on in centralization mode, I am not being routed to the backend/ERP system. Instead, I am stuck in GRC. Do you know why this is happening? I have created and tested Trusted RFCs successfully.  In closing, my requirement is to deliver a Centralized EAM solution. However, in the interest of time, I will work with a decentralized alternative.
Cheers-Don
Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Don

Can you try ST01/05 in the satellite?

Have you tested your RFC connection is working (including trusted systems in place). Apologies if you think questions are pointless since you mentioned you followed course material.

In switching between centralised and decentralised did you changer the 4010 (?) configuration parameter

In the satellite system are you able to check SM04/AL08 to see if the FF session is there? Possibly might need to be killed.

in centralised mode, when you attempt to login to FF (go into the cockpit, choose FF Id and enter reason code and press enter) - this is where screen meant to open. have you tried minimising SAP GRC and you screens to see if there is an error message on your desktop? You should still have the GRC screen but a new session is meant to open with the FF session.

What SP and Basis stack are you on?

Cheers

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Colleen,

Here are my responses to your questions:

1. Applied correction in note # 1944417 and received the same negative result

2. Traced FF ID logon using ST01/ST05 and did not see errors

3. EAM config parm.# 4010 was not changed during the switching from centralized to decentralized

4. Active entries in AL08/SM04 exist for FF ID and Firefighter on GRC box

5. No errors found while logging in with FF ID

6. Component levels are:

SAP_BASIS ... SP = 0014 SPACK = KB70214

GRFND_A .... SP = 0013  SPACK = V1013

GRCPINW .....SP = 0013  SPACK = V1013

Hope this helps!

Cheers-Don