cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unistallion of central instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having sap erp 6.0 on netweaver 7.0 SR3  on windows 2k8 R2 on Microsoft failover cluster.

I want to uninstall my central instance and reinstall it due to some reason. Also I have applied support packs to the system after installation.

Is it adviceable to do so.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

I want to uninstall my central instance and reinstall it due to some reason.

It would be easy to guide you if you could provide the reason.

If you intention is to create a brand new system then you can install a new system and apply SP's.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Sorry i couldn't make it short

The issue i was facing was one node ascs which is in cluster and ci which is in local drive was not starting up

log which i got from event viewer is below for ci

The description for Event ID 0 from source SAP???_?? cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Cannot open Profile \\<virtual Hostname>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\profile\START_DVEBMGS<nr>_<virtual hostname> (Error 53 ERROR_BAD_NETPATH: The network path was not found.) [ntservstart.cpp 1051]

but above path is accessible from run command

and for ascs it was stopping at sapcpe.exe startup command i dont have the exact error since its overwritten.

Everthing happend just because i have installed gateway which has created another sapmnt and saploc which shouldn't happen so every time i used to move ascs services to db node it was failing sap services was not getting up. becuase ther was already sapmnt present of gateway and another of ascs then i removed sapmnt for gateway and did failover now failover of ascs is working.

Now other issue is ci\pas is not getting up below is the log of startsap from work directory

SAP-R/3-Startup Program

Starting at 2014/01/18 22:58:27

Startup Profile: "\\<VIRTUAL HOSTNAME>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\profile\START_DVEBMGS<nr>_<VIRTUAL HOSTNAME>"

Starting Programs

(5652) CreateProcess(<LOCAL DRIVE>:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\sapcpe.EXE pf=\\<VIRTUAL HOSTNAME>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\profile\<SID>_DVEBMGS<nr>_<VIRTUAL HOSTNAME>) failed(3). ESRCH*: No such process OR: The system cannot find the path specified.

(5652) CreateProcess(<LOCAL DRIVE>:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\sapcpe.EXE pf=\\<VIRTUAL HOSTNAME>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\profile\<SID>_DVEBMGS<nr>_<VIRTUAL HOSTNAME> list:<LOCAL DRIVE>:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64/sapcrypto.lst) failed(3). ESRCH*: No such process OR: The system cannot find the path specified.

(4396) CreateProcess: <LOCAL DRIVE>:\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS<nr>\exe\disp+work.EXE pf=\\<VIRTUAL HOSTNAME>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\profile\<SID>_DVEBMGS<nr>_<VIRTUAL HOSTNAME>

(3340) CreateProcess: <LOCAL DRIVE>:\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS<nr>\exe\igswd.EXE -mode=profile pf=\\<VIRTUAL HOSTNAME>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\profile\<SID>_DVEBMGS<nr>_<VIRTUAL HOSTNAME>

(5652) Parent Shutdown at 2014/01/19  0:04:48

I checked my start profile many times couldn't find any issue but got to know value of DIR_EXE_ROOT is hidden it's not defined anywhere checked in al11 tcode entry was correct. every time i used to start ci from mmc i was getting error of sapcpe  as given above. I started it from cmd prompt it started successfully. still couldnt get the solution why its not working from mmc even restarted the server.

Then i tried to install gateway in sandbox server instead of taking the existing sapmnt it was creating a new one in local directory which is cleared from above screen shot.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for the error

Cannot open Profile \\<virtual Hostname>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\profile\START_DVEBMGS<nr>_<virtual hostname> (Error 53 ERROR_BAD_NETPATH: The network path was not found.) [ntservstart.cpp 1051]

This looks to be issue with the sharing .

Check this ..

965569 - SAP NetWeaver Based On Kernel 7.10: Windows

Windows Server 2008: Error when installing an application server

During the installation of an application server on Windows Server 2008 in MSCS, you might get an error similar to this:

Cannot open Profile

\\<VirtualHostName>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\profile\START_DVEBMGS <InstanceNumber>_<LocalHostName>. (Error 5 EIO*: Input/output error OR: Access is denied.) [ntservstart.cpp 1025]

In this case, check the sapmnt share security and the file permission on .\usr\sap. Make sure that the domain group SAP_<SID>_GlobalAdmin has full access. You might have to remove all permissions of local groups on the sapmnt share and the file folders, since on Windows Server 2008 the security settings for local groups are not allowed on the shared disks.

Related to this error .

Startup Profile: "\\<VIRTUAL HOSTNAME>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\profile\START_DVEBMGS<nr>_<VIRTUAL HOSTNAME>"

Starting Programs

(5652) CreateProcess(<LOCAL DRIVE>:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\sapcpe.EXE pf=\\<VIRTUAL HOSTNAME>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\profile\<SID>_DVEBMGS<nr>_<VIRTUAL HOSTNAME>) failed(3). ESRCH*: No such process OR: The system cannot find the path specified.

(5652) CreateProcess(<LOCAL DRIVE>:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\sapcpe.EXE pf=\\<VIRTUAL HOSTNAME>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\profile\<SID>_DVEBMGS<nr>_<VIRTUAL HOSTNAME> list:<LOCAL DRIVE>:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64/sapcrypto.lst) failed(3). ESRCH*: No such process OR: The system cannot find the path specified.

(4396) CreateProcess: <LOCAL DRIVE>:\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS<nr>\exe\disp+work.EXE pf=\\<VIRTUAL HOSTNAME>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\profile\<SID>_DVEBMGS<nr>_<VIRTUAL HOSTNAME>

Do you have these file in \usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64 directory. because the program sapcpe ensures that the automatic adjustment of the executables is made by copying usr/sap/<SAPSID>/sys/exe/<codepage>/<platform> (this is usual path) from the central directory to the local /usr/sap/<SAPSID>/exe/run directory.

DIR_CT_RUN (Name of the central directory for executables) and they are distributed to local folder (DIR_EXECUTABLE) next time the instance starts.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First issue i was getting due to a new sapmnt got created I unshared sapmnt created by gateway which was not needed

for second issue i started server from command prompt it started

i verified values of dir_ct_run,dir_executable it was fine.

WHEN I START FROM mmc System is taking  value of dir_exe_root different from what it is saved in al11 

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

In the Fail over Cluster virtual host name and disk are online before starting the uninstall?

Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to provide more information...

Like the reason that you want to un-install and is there any data on this system . is it in production mode have you done additional configuration that you need back .....

Do you have additional application servers...

How was the system installed before... (HA installation..)

Thanks

Rishi Abrol