cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am facing issue in multiple origin thing

0 Kudos

hi , i have been working on odata netweaver.

i am facing issue in multiple origin thing

/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZCRM_ECC_SRV;mo/ecc5?$filter=SAP__Origin eq 'CER_100' and Region eq 'Africa'

this query gives me an error 'internal error occurred'

what i want to do is i want to pass region as a parameter as well as i have to pass SAP__Origin as  i m using multiple backends.

is there any error in query.when there is no import parameter it doesnt give any error. as soon as import parameter is added it starts giving following errors.

i have tried following url as well.

/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZCRM_ECC_SRV;mo/ecc5?$filter=(SAP__Origin eq 'CER_100' and Region eq 'Africa')

this gives internal error.

/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZCRM_ECC_SRV;mo/ecc5?$filter:(SAP__Origin eq 'CER_100' and Region eq 'Africa')

this gives RFC failure.

m i missing something. kindly help its urgent.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjeet,

Your URL looks basically ok to me. Usage of SAP__Origin in the filter is ok, when addressing the service with ;mo.

/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZCRM_ECC_SRV;mo/ecc5?$filter=SAP__Origin eq 'CER_100' and Region eq 'Africa'.

You could have some small intricate error like:

- ecc5 is not an Entity Set

- GW System Alias CER_100 is not valid for that service

- take care for upper/lower case e.g. "Region"

- check that the high commas are not in a specific formatted way (for example by pasting from MS Word)

Troubleshoot proposals:

- Try to remove the SAP__Origin eq 'CER_100' - check whether that works

- compose the URL with Notepad or similar simple editor and try the URL on the GW hub in transaction /iwfnd/gw_client.

Or maybe it is something completely different, like metadata not identical in the backends.

Erich

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Manjeet,

as Erich indicated your URL looks OK.

So you should first try to call the service without the ;mo option to check whether the filtering works at all.

Do the following URL's work ?

/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZCRM_ECC_SRV/ecc5

/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZCRM_ECC_SRV/ecc5?$filter=Region eq 'Africa'

Best Regards,

Andre

0 Kudos

hi andre,

following url work only if i make CER_100 my default alies.

i will give u complete picture or wat i hav done.

My scenario is like this. I m using 2 backends ECC and CRM wherein ECC is my default system.

my mapping is like in image mimage1

Refer image mimage2

1st scenaro. :- ECC RFC with input parameter and input parameter mapped in the NW Model.

When I normally execute my query from ecc which is like this.

/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZEC2_DEMO_MOC_SRV/ecc

/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZEC2_DEMO_MOC_SRV/ecc?$filter=Region eq 'Africa'

Both case working properly.

refer image mimage3.

CRM :- When I am trying doing RFC mapping in the NW model

1) CRM RFC without input parameter mapped in the NW model for CRM

/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZEC2_DEMO_MOC_SRV;mo/crm?$filter=SAP__Origin eq 'CR1_100' .

is working  and i m getting output . In this scenario i hav not mapped rfc input parameter. refer image mimage3.

refer image mimage4.

2) CRM RFC with input parameter and these input parameter mapped in the NW Model.

/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZEC2_DEMO_MOC_SRV;mo/crm?$filter=SAP__Origin eq 'CR1_100' . ( Not working )

/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZEC2_DEMO_MOC_SRV;mo/crm?$filter=SAP__Origin eq 'CR1_100' and Name eq 'Manjeet'  ( Not working )

Means in simple when my second backend system CRM which is not default in the Model that time for multiple origin composition ( mo )

with input parameter I am not able to fetch data from backend system ( CRM ) option 2.

kindly correct me if im wrong. is it like when u use mo you cannot use import parameters to filter results. kindly reply as soon as possible.

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manjeet,

In my opinion i strongly feel that Delegating call to various BE systems through SAP__Origin parameters by passing system alias is nothing to do with mapping.

I have seen scenarios where there is no input mapped and no in put is passed as part of filters/keys, still MOC concepts is working when we just send System Alias name in SAP__Origin parameters as part of filters/keys.

I feel something else is missing so that its not working.Its not about mapping input or not mapping input.

Regards,

Ashwin

0 Kudos

hi krishana,

wat i want to check is that whether its possible to to use multiple parameters in filter with SAP__Origin field.

if its possible can u pls give me the syntax

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this.

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manjeet,

Goto error log(/IWFND/ERROR_LOG) and find a detailed error message.

To troubleshoot you may read this blog.

regards

Krishna