Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inward Inspection

former_member303755
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please solve my following query.

Tanker receive to our factory for gross weight then QC draw sample and give there result, is material is approved it gets unload and after unload tanker come back for tare weight. So by initial gross weight and tare weight difference we get the Net weight of material in tanker.

After getting the net weight we do the GRN and material goes in quality stock and QC enter the result which was test initially (ie.,when the tanker arrives)

So our QC department say that they have to note down the results manually first on paper and circulate it for unloading and then after GRN they have to feed the manually tested result in system, this increase their work. So is there any system where we can bring the control and enter the result initially when tanker arrive for gross weight.

Also it would be helpful if you confirm me the current process which is been followed in various chemical industries for tanker unloading.

Note : We don't use batch number system.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If entering the results is the only issue then there could be a way. You said you do inspection/analysis before GRN and based on those results, you take the material in and post it. I assume you would be knowing about the Vendor is this case before the GRN.

You can do this by creating manual inspection lots of 01 origin. All you would need that mentioning the Vendor & Purchasing org details while creating it. In this way, users would not need to enter the results into the system after a time and also no need to keep it on papers. But this have following constraints,

1. Since you correct the quantity after testing and do GR for that, inspection lot quantity would differ if you mention it as per initial weight. Though this quantity is for reference only.
  2. You wouldn't also control the stock. I assume since you post it to QI after getting QC results, so might not be a problem.

Based on your info, I could suggest this much as of now. Pl revert if there are other things to consider.

Other way could be looking at Source inspection functionality. Maintain lead time 1 day or what suits you and accordingly inspection lot would be generated before the GR.

ntn

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

they have to note down the results manually first on paper and circulate it for unloading and then after GRN they have to feed the manually tested result in system

I guess, QC does not draw any samples once GRN is done. Results entered in system are of sample drawn before GRN and those samples are approved from QC. GRN will not happen if results are not good and sample is rejected.

Why do you still need stock control after GRN? so why are you using 01 inspection type here?

> Set a source inspection scenario. In QI06 flag "Source Insp - No GR". so that no inspection lot will be created after GRN. QC will enter results for the Source inspection lot created before GRN.

If results are not satisfactory you can reject the Lot and so GRN can not be done.

Amol.

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sun

You are correct most of the chemical and pharma companies will do as you said. I also faced same thing while implementing QM in my domain industry. Normally while receiving the material from vendor  we will receive the net weight details along with tanker. But we will ensure  the vendor sent material details  by cross checking with testing in quality and doing weight check.Here we have to consider vendor net weight details (mostly this wont differ with our cross check).

We do GR based on vendor net weight and inspection lot generated.Then we do the testing and records the results.But actually after this you will get the net weight as per your client.But if any difference you got in net weight then you have an option here to reject tanker in usage decision by stock posting as it is not meeting vendor details.

Hope this will help out you....

Otherwise we can use source inspection as Nitin suggested.

Regards

Kesava

former_member303755
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kesava,

Your following statement will increase work load to QC department.

But if any difference you got in net weight then you have an option here to reject tanker in usage decision by stock posting as it is not meeting vendor details.

Is it possible that the difference between the vendor qty and actual qty after GRN can get auto knock off immediately after GRN.