Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI for Java 7.30rev6 on Mac - Cursor Position Issues

lukasz_grochal
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm using SAPGUI for Java 7.30rev6 on a MacBook Pro with Mavericks. There seems to be an issue with how the cursor is displayed/positioned in certain fields and, in particular, ABAP Workbench. The cursor is displayed with a bit of an offset. If you position it at the end of the field contents (say the sold-to number in VA02) it looks as if there was a space after the number. If you try to delete that space, it actually deletes the last character of the number. Same happens in the ABAP Editor at the end of each line/statement, only here it is worse because the offset appears to be 2-3 spaces. It's almost impossible to edit anything. If you want to fix a typo within a statement, you cannot just position the cursor right after the incorrect character/string and delete it. You actually have to put the cursor 2-3 characters after it. It's extremely confusing, not to mention frustrating.

Has anyone encountered this issue? The issue started for me with release 7.30rev2. I was hoping rev6 would finally address it but it's still there.

• SAP Managed Tags:
1 REPLY 1

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Lukasz,

with the support for Retina Display introduced by Oracle in Java 7 update 40, several issues were included unfortunately. The one you are describing is one of them.

Current options:

• use older Java 7 update (e .g 25) not including support for Retina Displays and related bugs
  • use latest Java 8 early access. This is not yet officially supported (Java 8 is not yet GA anyway), but works better than latest Java 7 updates

On the one hand, it is nice that we did not have wait until Java 8 for getting support for Retina Display, but on the other hand, we all would have preferred to have a working Java VM.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

• SAP Managed Tags: