Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LU01 Posting change & Immediate TO creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

2 Questions

1. What is use of LU01. If I create posting change using LU01 (For ex: Unrestricted to Blocked) does the system update IM stock type as well.

2. When I am creating Posting change using LU01, System not creating transfer order immediatly

config:

Movement type 309 - set as 3 (line item) for "TO creation"

"A" is set of movement type 309. for immediate TO creation.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance,

Naga Mohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To be honest - I have never used this transaction in the last 14 years

It is as well not mentioned in any of our training documents.

In case of posting changes we use LU04 only.

I could imagine that this transaction has to be used  in case the posting change notice does not get created and you have an inconsistency between the stock category in MM and WM.

so you create the PCN yourself and after processing the stock situation matches again.

But as said: just a guess.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

No IM stock will not update if you use LU01. LU01 is at warehouse level transaction. You have two choices. Either post IM transaction(ex- unrestricted to Block) and then use LT06/LT05-PCN notice. You can configure that TO should be automatically created from PCN. But if your stock is present in more than one storage type ,i.e. more than one quant exist for the material then automatic TO will not be created. you have to manually create the TO wrt posting change notice and provide the storage type from where you want to remove the stock.

Another choice which I would recommend that, use one step process of posting change using transaction LQ02. i.e. only post WM transaction and IM transaction will be posted automatically in the background. Prerequisite are

(I) define new WM movement type

(2) OLML-----------> WM--------->Interface--------->IM------->define posting change

Instead of using LU01 you can use LQ02 as above.

Regards,

Milind Chaudhari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs milind.

I tried to setup new movement type 944 - (Interfaced with IM Movement type 344.).

But In configuration of IM Movement type 344, "Reason for posting" is mandatory. So when i am using LQ02 to post Posting change. system ending up with error. (Enter reason code..).

Any config are setting where we can pass this value or default this value.

Thanks in advance,

Nag