cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO with Planning without final assembly in PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Currently  Req strategy " Planning without Final assembly- 50 " in  ECC .

Working fine in ECC for bellow scenario.

-  MTO  Product with planning strategy 50 at Distribution Centre. Forecats & sales order also coming  at DC.

-  After MRP run system generated STR from  DC to factory  as this product is produced at factory.

But when it come APO PPDS strategy 30 it fail to cater above scenario.

I know PPDS is not supporting stock transfer order as strteagy is purely Inhoused prod.

In ECC it is working fine  with  planned order.

APO does not generetae plan order for STO/STR  when it is planning without final assembly & all.

Why I am generating this thread , This is  very normal & accepted real time scenario.

So don't digest  this,  we had  kept  it  without any  alternate solution?

Does anybody did something on this scenario in APO-PPDS [MTO - 50].

Please share any invovation solution  / any idea / thoughts  on this topic.

Parallelly I am bringing  Tiger SAP  in this Scenario Circus.

Regards

Mkhan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi M Khan,

in PP/DS I would alway recommend to not use "Planning w/o final assembly" as in ECC.

Instead you should make use of the follwing fields in Product Master

- Requirements Ascertainment Horizon

- Adjustment Horizon

You should be able to cover your requirements .

Find more information on that here:

Sales Order Oriented Planning - Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS) - SAP Library

Also have a look at conversion rules. Conversion rules also work for STO.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/519070

Regards,

Uli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi M Khan,

Did you end up with a conclusion on this?

I'm struggling with the same issue and I wonder what are the options we have.

I have read the solution proposed by Rupesh. Although I have not tested it, it sounds like an interesting alternative that would help to achieve something similar to what you could achieve with the Planning without assembly strategy.

However in our case that would not work, as we still need to show in the planned order in ECC the link to the SO that has been placed in the DC side. That can only be achieved so far by using one of the MTO strategies. In parallel, forecasting sales of the product in the DC side is still a must to prepare the factory enough in advance and replenish raw materials on that basis.

That drives me to conclude that the only solution which would make sense for us is the strategy 50 in the DC, but how to create STRs in the "planning without final assembly" segment is still an unresolved question.

Regards,

Joan

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mkhan,

Planning without final assembly only works for an in-house production. Planning without final assembly is not possible for stock transfers. However, planning without final assembly is possible in R/3, even with stock transfers. Planning without final assembly is only performed correctly in the PP/DS heuristics. There is no planning without final assembly in SNP

Please refer OSS note 519070 - Planning without final assembly (documentation)

Why does APO not offer planning without final assembly for stock transfers?

In R/3 Enterprise, planning without final assembly is always represented with planned orders. Planned orders are also created in the case of stock transfers. The APO System does not recognizes planned orders for stock transfer. The required enhancement would mean a considerable work for the CIF interface or R/3 itself (indicator for 'Planning without final assembly' in the PReq).

What alternatives are there to planning without final assembly?

The aim of preventing make-to-stock production, as long as there are no sales orders, can also be achieved differently in APO. In APO Release 3.1, you can activate the requirements check in the Customizing of the conversion rule. The conversion rule itself is assigned a product in the product master in the PP/DS screen. If the requirements check is activated, you can only set the conversion indicator for a planned order or a purchase requisition if the planned order or purchase requisition is required for a sales order. A multi-level evaluation of the pegging lanes determines whether the planned order or the purchase requisition are required for a sales order. The conversion rule has the following advantages:

It works for both planned orders and purchase requisitions.

It also works for planned orders or purchase requisitions that resulted from an SNP order conversion.

It is easier to understand than the concept of planning without final assembly.

There is no overproduction for fixed and minimum lots.

It also works multi-level, that is, you can also prevent planned order conversion if there are several manufacturing levels between the sales order and the planned order.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

All you commented that  already concise in my message .

I know this all , Now issue is for Business /Client they want this as normal scenario mapped in ECC, so PPDS should cater this.

So I am looking for alt solution , any work around solution.

Regards

Mkhan.