cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text/binary File transfer using PI 7.31 Java only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can a text or a binary file be moved from one location to another using PI 7.31 Java only file adapter ? I don't want to convert the text format into XML and XML back to text as the source and target format is exactly same.

We just need to move file. Are there any new features with PI 7.31 which can be used for this ?

Is PI recommended to use in this kind of scenario ?

Thanks,

Yomesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yomesh - You can send the binary files withour any ESR objects.

The advantage of 7.31 is now you can even process large binary files in chunk mode.

Refer to page 18 in the below document

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/804b7aa1-8816-2e10-b298-b2d1f0cb7...

More Information on the new chunk mode :

http://scn.sap.com/people/niki.scaglione2/blog/2009/10/31/chunkmode-for-binary-file-transfer-within-...

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2011/12/26/fileftp-adapter--large-file-trans...

Message was edited by: Hareesh Gampa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

My files are not too big. But do I have to use the Chunk mode for transferring the file without XML conversion ?

Thanks,

Yomesh

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope.It's not mandatory

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

chunk mode is for only huge size files. why do you want to do that?

without ESR objects will make sure that files will be transferred without any conversion here.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yomesh,

Yes you can achieve this without converting hte flat file to XML in PI 7.31 single stack. the new feature is you need to use the ICO object.

Please refer the below blog. The blog is for IDOC to File, just change the IDOC_AAE channel to File adapter

IDOC_AAE To File with all Configurations | SCN

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish.

I have used to ICO object. But the problem is in ICO mentioning a Sender and receiver interface is mandatory. So I assigned a dummy interface for sender and receiver. The sender file adapter is now trying to parse the file and giving the error Error: com.sap.aii.adapter.xi.routing.RoutingException: Unable to parse XML message payload to extract operation for receiver determinationorg.xml.sax.SAXParseException.

Thanks,

Yomesh

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you add any condition in the receiver dtermination?

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yomesh,

Yes you can assign the dummy interface to ICO. For the parsing error, are you using Content conversion as message protocol?

Please provide the sender communication configuration screenshot to provide more inputs.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the below screenshot

. I have not used any condition in receiver determination. Do I need to set any specific attribute in sender file channel ?

Sender file communication channel

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yomesh,

your configuration is ok. Please check the cache and try to change file type from binary to text.

regards,

harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yomesh,

Please try the below hope it works in your case,we too faced the similar problem but later fixed with the below solution.

First try removing SWC reference from Sender agreement and then removing SWC reference from receiver determination.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

It worked for me. The trick was removing the Software Component Version of Sender Interface from the ICO.

Please check this thread for reference. http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/08/16/the-mystery-of-content-is-not-all...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks, that resolved the error I was getting.

Sorry for some weird reason I am not able to mark helpful and correct answers. I will update as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Yomesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yomesh.

Go through the below link for screenshots.

Regards

Venkat