cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requierement to add field in business Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to add fields in tab in BO /SCMTMS/FREIGHTAGREEMENT  ....and able to see tab on portal but field on tab not editable....can anyone help me to provide me the solution where i am missing .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

assigned values in component cofig.

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpi Agarwal,

Potential problems:

1. Do you maintain wire to new component configuration?
  2. As I understood you created sub-node ZPC_BASICDATA_E006 for ITEMS node. More often cardinality between nodes is 0..n. In your case it means that exact ITEMS instance doesn't have depended instances of ZPC_BASICDATA_E006 node. As a result UI is not editable. For identifying that you have such situation try to created depended instances of ZPC_BASICDATA_E006 node via /BOBF/TEST_UI transaction.
  3. Mark check-box "Handles Toolbar".

P.S. If you maintain FBI view parameter in component configuration you can leave empty values for Business Object and Node parameters. This values will take from FBI view.

Kind regards, Aliaksandr.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Thanks for response ...

One parameter missing in Form configuration...now it working...thanks dear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksandr Zhdanovich,

Can you tell me the purpose of marking the check box 'Handles Toolbar"?

Is this anything to do with making fields editable n readonly?

Thanks in Advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have one more requierement here to add validation like

– check box n only can be checked if the status is Active. (error message)....where can i put this message ...

I have created the class in enhancement node- >item level

I am doing right?

if yes then can you please tell me how to read the main data of root.

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanket Vaity,

Check-box "Handles Toolbar" plays important role if you want to handle common events (such as FPM_EDIT, FPM_CREATE and etc.) of FPM/FBI application in view exit classes. You can check it in PROCESS_EVENT method of /BOFU/CL_FBI_GUIBB_BASE class.

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpi Agarwal,

If you want to check it on save event than consistency validation is a good choice.

To read root data in consistency validation class (in /BOBF/IF_FRW_VALIDATION~EXECUTE method😞

1. use GET_ROOT_KEY method of IO_READ parameter. ET_TARGET_KEY parameter will contain ROOT key.
  2. use RETRIEVE method of IO_READ parameter. ET_DATA parameter will contain ROOT data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpi,

Yes you are doing it right. Create a consistency validation, In that validation read that check box  is ticked or not and your status is set, accordingly display the error message.

To read the data you need to just retrieve the data of that particular node, i.e the status data and the check box data.

Hope this helps you. 

Sanket

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have done changes directly in  customizing for the requirement. Is it right way to do or i have to create enhancement ?

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpi Agarwal,

For me customizing is more preferable way.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpi Agarwal,

Could you describe details about enhancements/customizing which you made on BO and UI levels?

Did you add new fields in existing BO node or create new one? Did you add new UI fields in standard component configuration (via customizing) or create new one? Is component configuration based on standard FBI feeder class for form?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Thanks for reply...

I have create Z enhancment....

added new structure with new fields ..

Create a node UI structure in the transaction SE11, containing a catalog of fields to be used on this UIBB (Node UI Structure is same as the combined structure.).

Enter this UI structure name ‘Z’ in the field ‘Node UI Structure’.

Select the required mapper class. For most use-cases, the standard TM mapper class /SCMTMS/CL_UI_CONVERSION will be sufficient.

created a Z UIBB.

Entered the corresponding Feeder Class /BOFU/CL_FBI_GUIBB_FORM.

Enterd the name of the FBI view created in the previous step in the field ‘FBI View’.

then added the zuibb to

1. Once we reached component Customizing screen, then to added tab

My system is not working...so not able to attach screen shot.

Can you please help me .. root cause for that...

where i am wrong...what i am missing...

Former Member
0 Kudos

added these fields as checkbox