cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some help please

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have just been given this job spec....

what exactly does this mean

experience of high thoroughput XI in a clustered, fault-tolerant environment.

Are there any special skills associated with this

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Clustered/Fault-tolerant environment means an environment that continue working in efficient manner even if some of its components fails, in some cases there may be a backup system for it to handle the error and to make it function smoothly.

>> experience of high thoroughput XI in a clustered, fault-tolerant environment

It means that you should have experience of a working system where no error occured and if any then there were already backup system to tackle it. Altogether the workenvironment never suffers due to any error.

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subhasha,

Thank you very much that was very helpful...

Could you maybe give me an example of a backup system to tackle a failed interface or something like you said cos I dont quite see how

Former Member
0 Kudos

backupsystem for faultoalarence are like loadbalancing and in a cluster enirnoment if a praticular sever node is down we need to pass all the messages cmoing to this server to other server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK I think I understand... and is there a special way of doing this i.e. A configuration somewhere

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

A general example can be clustering/fault tolerance environment that contains multiple physical machines when if one fails then other will keep the work continue or multiple application server on the same machine where if one server fail then the other server will work and keep the work going on.

I do not have idea how exactly make an association of it with XI. Probably we can say that we should keep another machine for XI server when in case if the XI server has loaded with too much work then it will be divided on both server and work will keep going on or incase if one server fails other will not let the work stop.

I do not think we can implement it on interface level, coz its talk about an environment not the inner level components. We can say that taking backup of created IR,ID,SLD objects on another machine can be the example of fault-tolerant environment.

Reward points if helpful.

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

dispatcher does this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

experience of high thoroughput XI in a clustered : Number of message processed through XI Servers in a given Time.

fault-tolerant environment:how much error free is your Envinorment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok so SXMB Moni and count or what

Former Member
0 Kudos

did get ur question?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes exactly,

More XI Development knowledge and some XI Admin knowledge.

In general Senior XI Developer who are having the XI Admin knowledge.

Regards

Chilla

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>experience of high thoroughput XI in a clustered, fault-tolerant environment.

probably someone with a little more knowledge then just simple XI developer (more XI dev + XI admin )

to be able to create tune XI (from dev and admin perspective)

Regards,

michal

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there's even a special course: WNAXIP

for that that I did some time ago:)

I recommend it for XI devs who need to deal with performance

Regards,

michal