cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry: Vehicle Stock in Work Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we have the requirement to implement a vehicle stock component into a customized SAP Work Manager. The functionality and screens should basically be the same as in the vehicle stock component that is available for the SAP CRM Service Manager.

Is there a way to reuse parts (screens, rules, actions..) of the vehicle stock component of the Service Manager within the Work Manager without building things up from scratch?

If already tried to apply the installation guide "Vehicle Stock for SAP CRM Service Manager Version 1.1" to the Work Manager App but this doesn't work: Eclipse simply does nothing if you try to import the desired components via the Agentry Compare View and the "Save" Button stays disabled.

NOTE: Picture from the installation guide not from my actual development environment.

I would be grateful for any directions or advices.

Regards Robert

P.S. Just for the record we use SMP 2.3 and SAP Work Manager 6.0.0

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Robert,

Never tried this, but it should be possible to reuse much of the CRM Stock Component in WM.  Since the module names are different between CRM and WM, you will need to align them.  Open the modules on the right side and right click on the CRM module, say "Break Apart".  Then right click again and say "Align With" and choose WM from the list.  Now the different modules will be aligned and you should be able to import from Stock to WM.

Try bringing in things in smaller pieces, rather than all at once.  The more you try to import at one time, the easier it is to confuse the compare engine and cause problems as you are seeing.  Start with importing only the globals, then saving, then Images, then saving, then complex tables, etc...  Try to bring in screensets one or two at a time, then save after each one.  Less is more with the compare editor.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

thank you for your advice. I've tried it the way you've described but it doesn't seem to work properly.

When i do the first right click on the module i'm not able to select "Break Apart" instead i can choose "Align with" so i did this.

After i did this i was able to select "Beak Apart" so i did this.

Then i imported the globals, images etc. one by one. This went smooth.

After that i tried to import the screen sets one by one, but i wasn't able to select just one screen set. The view would always select the hole module:

So i tried to import all at one. Eclipse complained that some images, globales and rules were missing - even i thought i imported them correctly before. Anyway after finishing the import i have several errors because of missing definitions and stuff - i guess this is legit because of the complains about missing images, globales etcetera during the import process of the screen sets, but what really looks wrong from my point of view is that i know have a "CRM"  module beside the "PM " module in my Work Manager Project.

I guess this is because "Align With" Action didn't perform correctly -  maybe caused by the wrong sequence forced by Eclipse: First "Align With" and then "Break Apart". Not the other way around as you had suggested it.

I thought the correct import would incorporate the screens and stuff into the PM module or is this the result you would have expected?

I would be glad if you have an idea would might went wrong during the import.

Regards Robert

P.S. Since i first have to get rid of the errors i wasn't able to run the Work Manager on the client yet, to see if any changes were applied.

Message was edited by: Robert Gerling

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Robert,

I tried this and here is what I found:  Try to align the modules from the left side.  I aligned PM with CRM and that seemed to line them up after maybe 15 seconds of chugging to resolve this.  Then I was able to make individual selections on the right side and bring them over.  They saved in the WM module and I never got a PM module when I finished.

You should start by comparing the main CRM SM product with WM, not the Stock component.  The component relies on a bunch of CRM globals, images, etc... that are not or course present in the WM editor, but exist in the SM main editor.  This leads to all those popups you received.  First import all the text and Text group globals from SM editor into WM.  Bring in all images also.  Save this and close/restart your editor.  I would recommend a restart after each import session.  Don't trust the editor to clear things out properly and recover memory properly without a restart.

Next import the stock component.  You shouldn't get those image/global popups anymore.  Import the entire groups in this order: Objects, Globals, Images, Complex Tables, Steps, Fetches.  Those should come over pretty easily.  I had to do Steps twice for some reason.  Always check the right side after importing a group to make sure everything came over.  You may need to repeat a group sometimes for it to take.

Now it gets a little more difficult.  I guess I would try rules first.  It will probably ask you about certain actions, screens, transactions here also, just say yes when asked if you want that imported too.  You can experiment with different combinations here between: Rules, Actions, Transactions, Screens to get the best results with the least popups, but they all depend on each other so some of this is inevetable.  Experiment also with bringing in portions of each group at one time to minimize popups and the possibility that the compare editor gets confused by trying to do too much at once.

Good luck, it should work with some trial and error.  I was using Agentry Editor plugin 6.1.3.483 for this test.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

thank you very much for your detailed description and quick response. The procedure you've described works. Now it is on me to do a bit of trail and error 😉

Regards Robert

Answers (0)