cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to apply password policy for android device using afaria and how to install(push) application using afaria on android device.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to push the apk through application policy (android)  and tried creating password policy, neither application got installed nor password the credentials are asked to enter. Can some one suggest me steps for the above issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to deploy password policy on device.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check your device is AES2 ? you can check downloading the AES checker from playstore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is AES2 ......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to resolve the following error...

Most of the time I get this error. When I apply the policies it does not get deployed on device. Any solution apart from re-enrollment of device.

Any reason why this issue occurs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error will occur when your notification is not reachable to the device.

Mostly its problem due to communication problem between device and server request not sending to destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But once this error occurs,then every time i apply the policies, server logs display it every time.

So, how to resolve this issue??? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are working on trial version of cloud? am i right .. you can not do much on server .

All you can check that it should not have the low internet connection on device , connectivity issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have move the account  to production. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are working on trial version of cloud? am i right .. you can not do much on server .

All you can check that it should not have the low internet connection on device , connectivity issue.

hi,

U mean to say that If i have low internet connection then it will throw this error. If in future i have high speed internet  then it should not throw this error?? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You had to make sure the silent installation of application is only on Samsung AES2 device for other generic device ( HCL , Sony..) you need to manual click on install.

Also make sure if the device is samsung aes2 device you need to keep the option required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried the same way as suggested above, do i need to make changes in configuration policy ? Configuration-)) SAMSUNG SAFE -)) under application policy--)) samsung application install/remove/update policy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

2 way to install the application for samsung safe device.

Either upload on apk file on application policy and select required option it will install on device

or

send the apk file on device from session manager and create a configuration policy for samsung and create install policy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also please provide the screenshot of the all application policy  page created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Screenshot of the applied application policy is attached. Size of apk is 1.1 mb. How much time(approx) will afaria take to deploy the apk in device. On 2G network is it possible to push policies from admin to device(applies for both configuration and application).  

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

its should not take more time , its possible to push the policy .

can you confirm wha happen on device once policy is applied? can you see the application on afaria client ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes i am able to see that application on afaria client.. I downloaded that application, I want that my application should get installed silently in background.. user should not know about the installation.  I am implementing afaria on SAMSUNG TAB3(7 inch) and have installed afaria AES2 client.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to create an application policy , Policy>New>Android>Android Enterprise>General>Browse APK file and check option "required". And link this policy with the group . This will install the app in the device automatically. Sometimes it takes time to install the app automatically.

- Midhun VP