cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed System Configuration Introscope Agent step fails with NullPointerException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On Solman 7.1 sp08, diagnostic agent on the remote server has established the connection with the Solman. On the 6th Step of managed system configuration ( Configure Automatically), execution of Introscope Agent Adapter activity fails with a NullPointerException. Please see the log attached.

Error message is "Failed to configure Introscope HostAdapter Agent for remote_host_name !! Exception : java.lang.NullPointerException".

Wily Introscope on the host of Solman is working, and the agent at the remote host is also working. All other configuration steps are succesfull but the only error appeared for this activity.

I get the attached piece of log from the details of activity part on the managed system configuration page.

What other log files can I check to troubleshoot the problem?

Or are there any possible quick solutions regarding this problem?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186066
Participant
0 Kudos

Pls check if the Enterprise manager is running or not.

Under BASIC configuration--> Step 3.1 --> It should show as Green.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is red (Enterprise Manager offline), An error message appears "Cannot retrieved status" but I checked the status of Wily on solman host with C:\usr\sap\ccms\apmintroscope\bin\EMCtrl32.bat and EMCtrl64.bat. They return status "running".

former_member186066
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes..that is the issue.

Bring ur EM up first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem with SP8..

please apply patch 4 for LM-Service (java side) SP08 to the solman and retry. Looks like SAP has deleted patch4 but patch 5 is available. (LMSERVICE08P_5-20006622.SCA)

former_member186066
Participant
0 Kudos

If the O.S is Unix,

start EM by ./EMCtrl.sh start

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have stopped EM and the status became Offline, then started EM and the status is still the same as "Cannot retrieved status" not green.

Former Member
0 Kudos

as i mentioned you earlier, please apply patch5 for LM-Service

former_member186066
Participant
0 Kudos

After starting the EM, check it's status via ./EMCtrl.sh status. It should show as Running.

On Solman side, In step 3.1, Run the activity again.

If that does not work, you may consider deploying the patch which Sunil is pointing out.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ozgen,

May be the issue with LM service patch 3 , check the note :1712067 - ClassCassException with LM-SERVICE 7.1 SP4 Patch 3

Refer the below note and apply the latest LMservice patch for SP 08(Support Package 08 for LM-SERVICE 710 Patch 5)

1483508 - Solution Manager 7.1: Root Cause Analysis pre-requisites

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you selected the correct wily host in 'manged system config' in step 5.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is only 1 wily running host of solman and yes I choosed it.