cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry check if picture/signature is present (ipad)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there a possibility to check (with a rule) if a picture has been taken or a signature has been made?

For instance we can set the signature transaction property to "required", but we want this signature to be required under certain conditions.

I've experimented with rules that check if the transaction property is empty, but it doesn't act like a string (EQSTRING x= ), so doesn't work.

Are there functions that I've overseen?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dieter,

Leave the "Required" box checked on the transaction property.  You can then put any enabling logic on a signature field's enable rule on the screen.  If you don't want it enabled, the screen will allow you to proceed without a signature because the field is disabled.  If your rule enables the field, the user will be forced to sign.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ofcourse, thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm, doesn't seem to work on ipad.

Keeps giving "cannot validate transaction, signature required" error

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dieter,

I would expect this when the signature field is enabled, but not when disabled. As a test, try setting the signature screen field to "Always Disabled" and check to see if this still happens.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've set the screen field to "always disabled" (with the transaction property to "signature required") and I still got the cannot validate transaction - signature required error message..

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dieter,

Sorry, I was wrong.  After some further checking, do it this way:

Turn OFF the signature required check box on the transaction property.  Leave your enable logic on the screen field so that the signature is only enabled in the cases you want.  You could also add another check box to the screen and enable/disable the signature field based on the screen check box being checked.  If you want to check whether a signature has been entered maybe in a validation rule on the transaction to force entry, you can use the EQBOOL function against the signature property comparing it to a constant of "1".  This will return true if a signature has been entered, or false if not.

This gives you many options.  Work Manager uses the check box on screen with an enable rule on the signature field checking against the check box, then follows up with a validation rule in the transaction that again checks the check box and if true, verifies that a signature has been enetered using EQBOOL.

Sorry for sending you down a wrong path!

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, thanks.

I didn't know that the signature presence could be measured with an EQBOOL and a constant = 1.

This worked for me in the validation rule (the "then" and "else" are less relevant in this post):

Answers (0)