SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retail site assigned with multiple distribution chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I need to generate POS inbound sales for retail site with multiple sales org.

Eg, Site assigned with 2 sales org 2000 and 3010.

Default sales org in site is 2000

Now I need to create retail billing by POS interface for 3010 sales org.

What is needed to be set?

12 REPLIES 12

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Caroline,

You need to assign the distribution chain containing 3010 Sales org to Site. You can do through configuration (SPRO: Enterprise Structure -> Assignment -> Sales and Distribution -> Assign sales organization - distribution channel - site) or from Site master using WB02 transaction.

I am assuming the relevant article master and listing for this distribution chain are already in place.

Let us know if you need any more information.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Thanks Amit,

However I need to keep 2000 as Sales Org in the configuration for the site. I will explain more in the reply to Siew Tim.

Thanks

Caroline

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is really interesting. In this case, I supposed you will be sending the inbound IDOC as 1 single file combining the sales data from the 2 sales org?

Are we expecting the same sales items to be sold in 2 sales org?

Let's us know a little bit more on you proposal.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Siew Tim,

The retail shop is selling multiple brands. Each brand's products are unique and therefore we set up sales area under different sales organsizations for each brand. The shop is going to be listed with multiple brands articles. Therefore we assign multiple distribution channels to one retail shop (Sales org 2000 and 3010).

However for the retail shop default sales channel in WB02, we have to choose the main chain (or brand) that this shop belongs to. Therefore in this case 2000 sales organization.

For POS inbound, there is no differentiation in sales organization even if we can split the sales invoices (or file) by brand in POS backend. My problem is how to identify the sales in the correct sales organization.

Hope to get an advice from you both.

Thanks

Caroline

0 Kudos

Hi Caroline,

To the best of knowledge, Site will be treated as Customer in Inbound and Sales area distinction is used for Customers and not for articles. There is no way we can identify the sales area based on the brand of the article until you do an enhancement in POS Inbound.

In this enhancement, you can check the Brand of article and based on that value, choose the sales organization where you want to post the billing document.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Thanks Amit, Can you let me know the user exit or BAPI for this enhancement?

Thanks

Caroline

0 Kudos

Hi Caroline,

If you are passing the data to ECC or POS DM through a middleware or any upload program, it is better to keep this validation in the middleware or an interface program itself, so from middleware itself the data will be segregated based on brand.

We did similar types of validations in SAP XI which was integrating our POS to POS DM.

If you are still looking for an exit in ECC for Inbound will give you in sometime.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

We have already tried an enhancment on exit -EXIT_SAPLWPUE_102

However, during IDOC posting, still we find the determination is being overrided.

One part of the structure that we find in the function ue_sales_document_process is in the code g_filialstamm that overrides the changed organization with the site default organization.

Not sure how to fix and will there be other areas that need to be fixed.

Thanks

Caroline

0 Kudos

Hi Caroline,

Need to debug the code and see what can be done.

Meanwhile you please check that the Site customer is extended to both distribution chains.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caroline,

I have a similar use case to solve. Can you please let me know how did you resolve this.

Regards,

Vasanthan

0 Kudos

Hi Vasanthan, I did not have resolution for this. I can only separate sites for different channel sales to solve the issue.

Thanks

Caroline

0 Kudos

Thanks Caroline. Appreciate your quick response