cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embed Video in Webdynpro component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Please can you let me know if it is possible to embed a video in  Webdynpro component?

What I found out is using IFrame but then it is deprecated and not advisable to be used.

Hence is there anything else that can be done.

Our requirement is that on logging in to the portal and going to a certain page a user will be able to view a video.

Once he has completed viewing the whole video there should be a way of sending out a mail to relevant people.

This can be a button click or anything but the person should not be allowed to send the mail without viewing the whole video first.

Thanks,

T.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TC,

I don't think there is any other way to embed a video other than an IFrame API. For your requirement if the Webdynpro is pulled through SAP Portal then there is a round about way to embed videos from KM repository. Please consult a portal consultant for the same.

You can further configure a button to appear only after the video finishes playing.

Hope this helps to some extent.

Regards,

Santhosh Yadav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I shall get in touch with a portal person..

Also I am unsure of how the button can be configured to appear after the video ends playing. From the portal way is it possible to be done?

We had thought of a time based approach but that does not guarantee that the person has watched the video. It will be merely like after a certain point in time the button will simple become visible.

Regards,

T.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I found out is using IFrame but then it is deprecated and not advisable to be used

IFrame UI was deprecated earlier but is now available with restrictions from NW 700 Ehp2 onwards IFrame - Web Dynpro for ABAP - SAP Library

You can use IFrame UI and check this wiki for inserting a video in WDA  To insert video in webdynpro - Web Dynpro ABAP - SCN Wiki

But how you are planning to track the finish of video?

Regards,

Kiran