Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC tables in HANA

nicky_hays
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Wizards,

Can you please let me know where can I locate SAP BPC elements (Environment, Dimension & Models) in HANA studio? I know where the data is located in the BW side.

Sincerely

Nicky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicky,

When using BPC on HANA, underlying tables for the models created in BPC are created in HANA data base and BW just stores the structure ie., real time info cube.

Info cubes created in HANA will be HANA optimized info cubes with fact table surrounded by master data table.

1. For the model created in BPC, goto to RSA1 in BW, get the technical name of info cube generated.

2. Goto to LISTSCHEMA, give the info cube technical name and execute. Fact table will be shown with technical name as /B28/F<Cube name>.

3. All tables generated in HANA will be under a specific schema. To find the schema, goto SAP BW system, in menu system -> Status. You can see field owner. The value for this field is the schema name in HANA.

3. Goto HANA studio, in SQL prompt, execute the query as

SELECT * FROM "<SCHEMA_NAME>"."<TABLE_NAME>"

4. If you want to create any models in HANA you can directly give the technical name of table in data foundation.

Hope this may be useful.

Thanks,

Selva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selva,

I tried your suggestion and I see my BPC cube in HANA. However, the dimension members are represented by numerics. eg Actuals as 01, Plan as 02 and so on. Is there a way

1. for them to be displayed in the actual format instead of an index value

2. Do these dimension members exist in HANA someplace where I can see them?

yogi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogendra,

The data you see in the cube or in the HANA tables are based on SID values. If you need to see the actual values of the data that is contained in the table you have to do data modelling.

You need to create master data view (Analytical view) based on each dimension and SID table of the dimension. Then you need to create a analytical view joining the analytical view and the attribute view to see the actual data in the cube.

-- Selva.

nicky_hays
Participant
0 Kudos

Please help....

Sincerely,

Nicky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicky,

What is your purpose to find bpc element in HAna studio? First login with a user who has authorization to Netweaver db schema ( generally like SAP<SID> ) . Then expand the tables or filter tables with UJ*, generally bpc table has UJ prefixes.

But if you want to make some modelling ( analytical or calculation view on top of bpc models ) then use RSA1 in SAP gui then check the technical names of the cube and then switch back to hana studio /CPMB/F<xxxxxx> is the fact table. Alternatively you can use LISTSCHEMA ( old transaction for data model of a cube but still you may use it with some assumptions, since data model in BW/BPC on HANA has changed )

hope it helps,

regards

Baris.

ps : please grant points if it is helpful!