Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALE transfer of DIR with originals unsuccessful when same content server

chandan_kumar02
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

There are two SAP systems, one Sender and one Receiver. we are trying to transfer documents, so we have configured the system with ALE setup.

Transferring of DIRs with its originals seems to be fine till we store the originals in different content server. we are able to see the transferred originals in the Receiver system.

But the problem comes when we store originals in the same content server (shared by both the systems - sender and receiver).

The DIR is transferred to the receiver SAP system but Originals are not.

Are we missing any configuration or something ?

Is there something to do with dc10 settings also ?

Please help with this !

Regards

Chandan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

maybe the information in note 1027056 could be useful for you.

Regards,

Christoph

chandan_kumar02
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for you response !

I was following this note only, one thing I wanna be sure about  - which dc10 settings this note is talking about? Is it just this - "Define transport of originals for ALE" or there is some other settings also?

Because in my scenario (same content server), according to this note, you have to remove the above mentioned settings, to make distribution type 'by reference'. But when I do this, the Originals are not being transferred to the receiver system, although when I maintain these settings in "Define transport of originals for ALE", I am able to transfer the Originals. so quite confliction, i can see, in the first statement mentioned in the note and the behavior of system.

Any suggestions on this?

Thanks

Chandan

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Chandan,

in case that the ALE transfer works with the settings maintained in DC10 I would recommend you make these settings. The note is already a bit older and maybe the logic has been slightly changed. But if it works with the settings made in DC10 it is ok.

Best regards,

Christoph

chandan_kumar02
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

Yes...If things work then its fine ...

Thanks for clarifying my doubt about this !

Regards

Chandan

Answers (0)