cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound Delivery with Partner Sto.Location

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've got the warehouse divided into managed and non-managed storage locations but from a logistics standpoint it's one physical site.

Some storage types are non-SU managed (mainly picking bins), and others are SU managed (full pallet storage). When the SU is unpacked the system moves from the HU-managed StLoc to the Non-HU managed StLoc and vice-versa (standard behaviour), according to defined partner location.

The problem is during outbound delivery processing. The default storage location is HU-managed but in some cases the order is either too small, or contains a full pallet plus some loose crates (which is picking). But since the location in set on the Outbound Delivery, the stock search in WM doesn't find anything in the picking bins (because the stock is in the partner location).

Since the partner location is configured why isn't WM searching also in that location? Is there a way to make this work using this particular structure?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Define weight groups for this smaller orders. Do the proper determination of routes, and try to set different shipping points. If you can't do it with customizing tools (determination of SLoc and shipping point), then try with userexits in SO or delivery (if I am right, you want a different SLoc in delivery)

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If i understood correctly from your last reply.

--> you want to use the unpacked qty first before opening of full pallet.

If it is a business requirement, i will propose to use large and small qty strategy, throgh this you can with draw material first from open qty and later it will go to the full pallet to pick.

--> second option - transfer material from WM 100 qty to packaging zone, unpack it , and pack it again in 60 and 40 qty, after repacking , each box will be having SU seperatly and than you can pick the material - 60 qty, your 40 qty will be remain in WH - storage bin with SU number and later when requirement comes you can pick.

one of the blog i will attached , document for large and small qty, if possible refer.

Pl let us know if required further support

Thanks

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Joao Sousa,

First of all it is not possible to have a non SU managed materials in HU managed sloc. When we say HU managed sloc then we should have all materials managed in SUs in warehouse. This is mandatory criteria when you pick the material for HU managed sloc.

Secondly, it is better to have partner storage location as IM managed i.e. Non WM managed sloc. (we have option to keep partner sloc as WM managed. But it is better to maintain partner sloc as IM and non WM managed)

Now when your OBD contain material which demands for full pallet +  loose materials which you removed from another pallet in same HU managed sloc then system creates pick HU. This pick HU becomes a final HU for your OBD.

If your partial stock is in partner sloc then you can transfer same to HU managed sloc via HU02 transaction. In this transaction basically you pack the qty in HU and transfer it to HU managed sloc from partner sloc using 311 movement type. While picking the OBD qty, pick HU gets created to pick the qty from transferred material+ original full pallets. This pick HU is ultimately your final HU.

Thanks,

Milind Chaudhari

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  Now when your OBD contain material which demands for full pallet +  loose materials which you removed from another pallet in same HU managed sloc then system creates pick HU. This pick HU becomes a final HU for your OBD.

The problem is that things don't always happen as it is written in this quote. In some situations that's how it happens but not always.

Imagine this scenario that starts with material X, 1 pallet = 100 CRT.

• On day 1, OBD A has 60 CRTs of material X.
  • The pallet is picked, 60 CRT go to the gate for shipping, and 40 CRT remain in the warehouse;
  • The pallet is destroyed, the 40 leftover crates are placed in an empty storage bin at floor level (the SU is gone, the pallet label is gone, even the wood/plastic itself may be removed);

I could ignore the fact that the pallet is destroyed and keep the leftover SU in the system in the storage bin (another HU-managed storage type). The problem is that the floor level storage bin has a much higher capacity then the racks. When I try to add to existing stock (the 40 CRT) .... I can't because it's SU managed and the bin already has one SU.

Maybe I've got the organizational setup wrong, I'm trying to use WM in a different more standard way then in the past. Feel free to give your opinion.

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

(1)  As your sloc is HU managed. the left over should be transferred to IM managed sloc. Open space you can call it as IM managed sloc where there is no SUs and no warehouse attached. In other word, with reference to your above example, 40 CRT leftover in warehouse should be transferred to IM managed sloc using HUMO  i.e. it should transferred to your open space.  As you said above , "the SU is gone, the pallet label is gone..." you have to do it in system by deleting HUs in open space with Transaction code HUMO. Now in open space floor there is no HUs/SUs and you are free to add the stock. You can also transfer the open space stock which is IM managed to HU managed sloc via packing through transaction code HU02.

(2)  In your above explanation you said that " When I try to add to existing stock (the 40 CRT) .... I can't because it's SU managed and the bin already has one SU"----> Actually it is possible to add the stock from one SU to another SU using LT01. In this case, the stock from supplying HU from where you are adding the stock will go away and the floor SU will contains original stock+ added stock.

Regards,

Milind Chaudhari

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
(1)  As your sloc is HU managed. the left over should be transferred to IM managed sloc. Open space you can call it as IM managed sloc where there is no SUs and no warehouse attached. 

But the left overs aren't stored in open space. They are stored in storage bins, I need to know where that stock is even if it is not managed in a pallet. I need WM for the non-SU stock.

Actually it is possible to add the stock from one SU to another SU using LT01. In this case, the stock from supplying HU from where you are adding the stock will go away and the floor SU will contains original stock+ added stock.

With which putaway strategy? I got errors when doing this while using "Add to existing stock" which is the strategy I want for these leftover storage bins. If there is already a storage bin with leftover, I want to use that one (automatically).

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

(1) You are saying that left over is in storage bin without pallet. I am saying it is not possible that leftover is without pallet. Because your sloc is HU managed. Therefor it is not at all possible that left over in HU managed sloc is without pallet. As I posted earlier, when your sloc is HU managed and when you brake full pallet then leftover remains in same pallet and for removal, system create another HU called as pick HU. You can then transfer the leftover to other IM managed sloc using HUMO

(2) If you want to add the material to left over then you should allow "Addn to stock " check mark in  storage type configuration in customization. You use the storage type of bin where the left over exist

Thanks,

Milind Chaudhari

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

(1) I'm talking about physically. The stock is physically in a storage bin (with a location) but has no pallet (no code, no wrapping material, no wood). There are boxes, on the floor. That's why I was trying to use a non-HU managed storage location.

The impact is what I reported in the original post.

• Since there is no pallet, it's theoretically non-SU managed storage;
  • Since it's non-HU managed, the stock will be in the partner location
  • Since it will be in the partner location, I need to use a different storage location in the delivery.

That is terrible. From an SD perspective, I shouldn't need to know if the stock is HU managed or not.

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If this is the case then you should not use HU managed sloc because your case is not in tune with SAP HU management concept.  May be either you have to change warehouse set up and make it  without HU managed sloc and no SU management active or simply change the sloc as IM managed in delivery.

Please close the issue if you got  an answer of your question.

Regards,

Milind Chaudhari.