cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time in Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a case where in , i created a sales order at X Location and delivery to Y location which is 1 hour backward.

For Eg: sales order is created on a friday and the system proposed delivery on Monday ( considering Holidays on sat and sun), now, the Transit time maintained is 24 hours. So the system gave a MAD as Monday and the delivery also same day since the delivering point is one hour behind it gave the Delivery date as MONDAY and Time as 23:00:00

MAD = MONDAY Time = 00:00:00

In our Time streams we maintain time as From 00:00:00 to 24:00:00, we dont control the working hours.This is why i think the above problem occured.

Is there a way to control this via period factor or any other way ? so that the delivery date is moved after a certain cut off time?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tibor_nagy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rorie P,

this can happen due to your ATP Bucket limit settings and used time zones in your example. Please recheck these in SPRO under General Settings for gatp.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Tibor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rorie P

If I understand correctly, the difference between MAD and Delivery is not just one hour. You may want to check this useful article and see if it is relevant for you. This occurs when there is a difference in timezone between customer and plant location.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-46114

Let us know the exact scenario (E.g. Requested delivery date, time zones of plant and customer, order creation time, etc.) and if this solves your issue.

Thanks

Parth Soneji

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rorie,

I agree with Parth on this.

• Please provide the time zone of the customer for which the sales order has been placed
  • Please provide the time zone of the plant in which the sales document was created.
  • Please provide the bucket strategy that you're using to shift the receipt / issues.

This will help us provide what could have happened in your case.

Also, if you want to maintain the cut off hours to push the delivery dates, you can maintain the unloading point with unloading hours maintained in customer master. This will push the delivery date to next day. However, please note that this will only be relevant to customer but nothing to do with plant.
So, as a first step, you need to rule out that the difference of 1:00 hour is happening not because of differences in time zones between customer and shipping location.

Hope this helps

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tibor, Parth and Babu,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Have been checking the ATP Bucket setting, - the defined one = Issue Limit : 00:00:00 , Shift Receipts: 12:00:00 , Local time and Distri.key is checked and the "Bucket TS = No Restriction"

In the sales order, the dates are as follows:

Delivery date = 13.01.2014                  Arrival Time: 23:00

Goods Issue date = 13.01.2014           GI Time : 00:00

Loading Date = 13.01.2014                 Loading Time : 00:00

Material Availability date = 13.01.2014  Matl Staging time : 00:00

The Sales order is placed on UTC+8, the shipment is to UTC+7

The Order was placed on 10.01.2014 after cutt off time ( which we maintain a table internally) so the next working day is 13.01.2014 which is MAD and the Delivery date should have been 14.01.2014 , this the delivering location is UTC+7 it has calculated the arrival Time at 23:00 on the same day as MAD.

Regards

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rorie,

In APO, all the calculations relevant to scheduling happens in UTC timezone. It means, if the customer is in time zone "X" and Shipping plant is in time zone "Y", they get converted into UTC and the scheduling happens in the same time zone and hence I believe system is unable to identify the difference in the dates.

I advise you to build a solution in the function module "SD_TZONE_ADDRESS". You need to create an implicit enhancement here and read the timezone of the customer and change it to the timezone of the plant. You may catch hold of one of your developers and ask them to test this in debugging and see if the results are as expected and if everything looks fine, you can build the solution accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Babu Kilari

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rorie P,

I have a feeling that it is related to the standard issue for which I sent you the link. You may want to recheck whether this is the root cause by probably replicating this scenario in your development / testing boxes and also by changing the time zones of plant and customer to be in the same time zone. If it doesn't create problem in that case, we can have a confirmation. You may then get a developer to help you with debugging.

Also, when you say you have an internal table for maintaining cutoff, do you also have a functionality to push the date to the next working day? If yes - what will be the timestamp (will it be 00:00:00 or the timestamp will be preserved from the scheduling process) ? This may also be impacting your scheduling results. You may need to debug this to find out.

Hope this helps,

Parth Soneji